Top Movies To Get You Into The Holiday Mood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

I love Christmas movies and music.  I find that it really gets me into the spirit of the holidays.  Whether you and your family celebrate Christmas or not, I feel like these are feel good classics that everyone enjoys.  Here are a list of a few of my and my friends Holiday movies.

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas

This is MY favorite holiday movie becasue the Grinch is so sassy.  He side commennts are some of Jim Carrey’s best and the ending is heartwarming ever time.

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Who doesn’t like a movie that is great for two different occasions?  The Nightmare Before Christmas is great for both Halloween and Christmas because the movie addresses both holidays through the holiday portal.  I think it blends the best of both worlds as the two are my favorite holidays.

Elf

THis was a clear favorite amongst my friends.  I will admit that I’ve only seen it once or twice but it seems like the movie that everyone enjoys watching to get ready for Christmas.

Home Alone

Chances are that you will you see this on every channel when you get home and I think brings a bit of normalcy to our lives.  As we watch this moves with fresh eyes, his antics can either seem more ridiculous or more relatable than before.

A Christmas Story

Once again, another movie that I don’t know very well but my friends all seem to love.  I know it’s a tradition to watch this movie in other people’s households, so maybe you can watch it with the people you hold dear.

What’s your favorite Holiday movie?  We’d love to hear about it.

HCXO

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.