Review: Dinner at High Horse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Going to Val has been far more anti-climactic than I expected. I was really excited to be in control in terms of deciding when I eat and what exactly I eat. However, college food just isn’t that great… although I can occasionally make a mean wrap.

So I went out to High Horse, a new brewhouse on Pleasant Street that replaced the old ABC.  I had heard only good things about the place as a bar, plus the Nachos and Sweet Potato Fries have gotten rave reviews. I LOVED this new addition to town!! It’s definitely one of the best things that has happened to Amherst in terms of food. 

They serve all American, comfort food – burgers, flat bread pizzas, fries, nachos, and some good old beers. I ordered a Lady K beer, the Mac N Cheese (DELICIOUS), and Sweet Potato Fries. I also got to have a taste of some of my friends’ dishes such as the Nachos, which were smothered in cheese, sour cream, pulled pork, guacamole, and the Boneless Ribs. Everything was really good – I highly recommend it!!