Pita Pockets Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Pita Pockets, the new falafel place in town, is one of the best things to happen to Amherst in a while.  The guy behind the counter is one of the most friendly and enthusiastic people I’ve ever encountered.  He asked my friend, who had already been there two times that week, how she was doing, and how her friend’s thesis was going.  He assured us that he would make us the best Turbo pockets ever. 

He didn’t let us down.  The Turbo pockets were amazing.  They include everything: chicken, lamb gyro, falafel, veggies, hummus, and tzatziki sauce, all rolled into a pita.  If you’re a little hungrier, you can get the Turbo plate, which comes with rice and lentils.  The staff asked us several times if we were enjoying our pitas.  They also gave free falafel to a group who was waiting for a massive order, as “something to keep them entertained while they waited.”  After we’d finished our pockets, they treated us to little samples of baklava, which was also delicious.

The service was quick and friendly, and the food was incredible.  Definitely check this place out at 103 N Pleasant St, right by Panda East.      

Evelyn is the Editor-in-Chief of the Amherst branch of Her Campus. She was a features intern at Seventeen Magazine during the summer of 2011 and a features intern at Glamour Magazine during the summer of 2013. She is a French and English major in the class of 2014 at Amherst College. She is also on Amherst's varsity squash team. She is an aspiring travel writer/novelist, and loves running, ice cream, and Jane Austen.