Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Amherst Features

5 Ways I Know I'm Back in Europe

By Evelyn Kramer
August 8, 2013 - 5:03pm

As soon as I got off the plane in Florence, everywhere I looked I thought to myself, “Wow, #that’ssoEurope”.  Here’s why: 1.     You have to pay to use the bathroom.  1 euro.  And it’s not just a suggestion either.  You literally can’t open the door without paying.  If this were the case in New York, I think people would riot. 2.     The vending machines are stocked with Fanta and Kinder chocolate bars.  Even the snack food in Europe seems somehow classier. 3.     Everyone walks really slowly.  They’re all taking their time, checking out the sights, meandering.  No one is in a rush.  Who cares about work?  The only people who walk this slowly in New York are tourists, and New Yorkers all want to slap them #sorrynotsorry.      ...

Review: Only God Forgives

By Shaiyra Devi
August 6, 2013 - 10:08am

Only God Forgives raises the question of how much of a movie an audience can stand to watch when it loves and respects an artist. Had the film featured lesser-known actors and an obscure director, it might have been booed off the screen for its superfluous gore and barely-there story. READ MORE

4 Healthy Things Parisians Are Doing Right

By Evelyn Kramer
July 12, 2013 - 3:20pm

With Bastille Day coming up this Sunday, channel your inner Parisian by trying out some of these healthy French lifestyle staples. READ MORE

10 Awkward Situations We Empathize With

By Evelyn Kramer
May 8, 2013 - 10:51pm

READ MORE

Amherst Select Dinner: An Elegant Occasion

By Kristen Lee
May 2, 2013 - 8:44pm

READ MORE

Op ed: Amherst Administration Approves Plans for Dry Orientation

By Evelyn Kramer
April 25, 2013 - 1:20am

Update: Rumor has it the policy has been revised such that it only applies to student works and athletes at their coach's discretion.  Yay AAS!      READ MORE

10 Things Not to Beat Yourself Up About

By Evelyn Kramer
April 19, 2013 - 8:00pm

We’ve just finished midterms and finals are fast approaching, so cut yourself some slack.  You’re tired and stressed and trying to hold onto your sanity.  So don’t beat yourself up if:   1. You ordered a calzone for the second night in a row.  Calzones are magic mood boosters, so warm and soft and gooey; like comfort wrapped up in a pocket of dough. READ MORE

The Script Dubstep's Been Waiting For

By Shaiyra Devi
April 11, 2013 - 1:19am

Korine Harmony is known mostly for writing Kids and directing Gummo, Julien Donkey-Boy and Trash Humpers. His films have been called original, risky, brilliant, grotesque; certainly they are not meant to be pleasant. Some argue they provide valuable social critiques, while others dismiss them as mere agents of shock-factor.   READ MORE

Feminism (AKA How Many Times Can I Say Feminist in One Article?)

By Crysta Song
April 6, 2013 - 9:23pm

READ MORE

12 Ways to De stress

By Kristen Lee
March 27, 2013 - 2:33pm

1. Make the effort and go watch a movie in theatres with your best friend   2. Don’t make the effort and download a movie illegally with a friend and watch in one of your beds with a glass of wine or two…or three..or more…   3. Order hot cookies and two quarts of milk with a friend or two and just talk about sex   READ MORE