Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Amherst News

The Script Dubstep's Been Waiting For

By Shaiyra Devi
April 11, 2013 - 1:19am

Korine Harmony is known mostly for writing Kids and directing Gummo, Julien Donkey-Boy and Trash Humpers. His films have been called original, risky, brilliant, grotesque; certainly they are not meant to be pleasant. Some argue they provide valuable social critiques, while others dismiss them as mere agents of shock-factor.   READ MORE

Feminism (AKA How Many Times Can I Say Feminist in One Article?)

By Crysta Song
April 6, 2013 - 9:23pm

READ MORE

12 Ways to De stress

By Kristen Lee
March 27, 2013 - 2:33pm

1. Make the effort and go watch a movie in theatres with your best friend   2. Don’t make the effort and download a movie illegally with a friend and watch in one of your beds with a glass of wine or two…or three..or more…   3. Order hot cookies and two quarts of milk with a friend or two and just talk about sex   4. Sweat it off by going on a run or going on the elliptical – it’s the healthiest way to relieve stress READ MORE

The World Will Break Your Heart 10 Ways to Sunday

By Kristen Lee
March 13, 2013 - 12:32am

We all have our bad days when we wake up and things just aren’t right. And those weeks that seem to drag on forever and it just feels like a pit of hell that some cruel, evil being has bestowed upon you. Those months where you just want to call it “March Madness” or add “Madness” after the name of the month, just because it was overall awful. And then finally, there are those years where you just look back and toast to a better year this time around. READ MORE

10 Male Celebs On the Beach

By Evelyn Kramer
March 9, 2013 - 2:14pm

It's the week before spring break and all your professors decided it would be fun to assign you papers due at 5PM on Friday.  Luckily, there's sunshine at the end of the tunnel.  In one week, you'll be relaxing, hopefully on a beach, like these guys. Brad enjoys long walks on the beach.   READ MORE

Review of Zen in Northampton

By Kristen Lee
February 26, 2013 - 11:20pm

This is just proof that Asians do it best. If I could go for every single meal, I would. My friends and I went to an Asian fusion restaurant in Northampton called Zen. These are two of the same friends who were in Paris with me the last semester, so it was great to catch up with them. Northampton is about fifteen minutes away by car, so it's actually very easy to grab a yummy meal there in a livelier, more colorful part of middle-of-nowhere-Massachusetts.    READ MORE

Another Reflection on Dumm's Article and the Athlete/Non-Athlete Divide

By Evelyn Kramer
February 22, 2013 - 4:48pm

READ MORE

The like, LIKE Epidemic

By Shaiyra Devi
February 11, 2013 - 3:27pm

The other day, I was innocently partaking in a class discussion when one of my classmates began to express her opinion, “In my opinion, I think…” Unfortunately, I have no idea what she said after those initial words because following them she interjected “like” more times than Lindsay Lohan’s been to rehab.        READ MORE

Review: Dinner at High Horse

By Kristen Lee
February 10, 2013 - 10:17pm

Going to Val has been far more anti-climactic than I expected. I was really excited to be in control in terms of deciding when I eat and what exactly I eat. However, college food just isn’t that great… although I can occasionally make a mean wrap.   READ MORE

What to Do When Nemo Snows You In

By Evelyn Kramer
February 8, 2013 - 3:11pm

Unlike its fish counterpart, Blizzard Nemo is pretty easy to find.  All you have to do is look out your window.  Sorry for the awful pun.  Since when is naming snowstorms a thing, anyway?  At this point we’re expecting well more than two feet, so if you’re bored and stuck inside, here are a few ways to entertain yourself:   READ MORE