Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Amherst Features

Your Slightly Eccentric Holiday Playlist

By Evelyn Kramer
December 6, 2013 - 8:17pm

Who doesn’t love Christmas music?!  Well, maybe your roommate doesn’t, but that’s all the more reason to play it so you can see how long it takes to drive her crazy!  Here are HC Amherst’s picks for your holiday playlist this year:     “Do They Know It’s Christmas?” by Band Aid.  This is my personal favorite.  Even if the lyrics are a tad un-PC, you have to admit that it’s super catchy.   READ MORE

The Tourist Guide to Any Major City

By Carina Corbin
November 21, 2013 - 9:39pm

READ MORE

Culinary Creations at Val

By Julia Weatherly
November 16, 2013 - 4:56pm

Tired of the same old turkey sandwich you make for dinner when the Val menu isn’t speaking to you? Don’t feel like spending another ten bucks on fresh side? Here are five easy tips and recipes to try from your local classmates at Amherst next time you’re in the mood to spice things up! Save your money and still eat delicious food! Enjoy!   1.     Katie’s Buff Chick Quesadilla READ MORE

Into the Village: Finding Sustenance in Williamstown

By Evelyn Kramer
November 6, 2013 - 9:51am

READ MORE

15 Signs You're a Lady/Lord Jeff

By Evelyn Kramer
November 2, 2013 - 7:34pm

If you identity with some of these signs, you are a legit Lady/Lord Jeff:   1.     You prefer Goberry to Froyo world (and you make sure people know what a loyal Goberry customer you are)   READ MORE

Two Days in Barcelona

By Evelyn Kramer
October 26, 2013 - 4:49pm

READ MORE

What I Learned from Korean Dramas

By Carina Corbin
October 17, 2013 - 10:00pm

I will admit, though I listen to Korean pop music, I do not watch many dramas. Now, you're most likely wondering: Jinkies! How could she learn anything from Korean dramas if she doesn't really watch them? Well, I'm glad you asked, my dear reader. Since most K-dramas use the same formula, all I needed was two dramas to learn everything I needed about school and love. Without further ado, here are my K-Drama Life Lessons (KDLL).    KDLL # 1 It's not dramatic if you're not standing outside in the rain. READ MORE

Started out Hustlin, ended up Ballin: Transferring to Amherst

By Julia Weatherly
October 7, 2013 - 11:50pm

Overwhelmed with my first week of work at Amherst, I took a seat for the first time at the Black Sheep only to glance over at an older man sipping black coffee and reading what appeared to be piano sheet music. Here I was a newly transferred student to Amherst College, trying to make sense of the words in my new text book that I naively overpaid for at Amherst Books, and this man was casually reading sheet music like a newspaper. I’m sorry, where am I?   READ MORE

My Problem with Miley

By Evelyn Kramer
October 5, 2013 - 1:42pm

Everyone has been talking about Miley Cyrus a lot lately.  Good for her.  She has certainly made strides toward separating herself from her innocent, Disney image.  Unfortunately, she has accomplished this the way Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, and pretty much every other female celebrity has: by constantly portraying herself in a hyper-sexualized manner.    READ MORE

5 Things to Do in Northampton

By Carina Corbin
September 28, 2013 - 2:34pm

Compared to a big city, the Amherst downtown looks cute and a little unreal.  With its quaint local businesses, cozy eateries and the life-saving CVS, you can't help but find Amherst charming. However, if you want a quick change of scenery (and maybe want to live on the edge a little), hop on the B43 and take a short ride to Northampton.  In Northampton, you find a variety of places to eat, shop, get a makeover, and bond with friends. Here is my list of places to visit when I arrive in Northampton. READ MORE