My Semester Abroad: Prague Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.
        I lost my passport!!!!! I’d be more upset but some nice lady from Vienna said she found it and is going to fedex it to me. I spent the weekend being incredibly kind and generous to the Germans in Berlin and all i got was a lost passport and multiple denials from clubs. The city was beautiful though- very different from Prague in terms of layout and appearance. It takes awhile to get places but we ended up hitting most of the major spots- Brandenburg Gate, Pergamom Museum, Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin Wall, the 1936 Olympic Stadium, a German beer hall… basically I know Berlin perfectly after only 3 days! 
        I met up with Maggie and Kate and some of their friends from abroad, so we were rollin deeeeeeep. We split off from the group a bunch to explore/eat, naturally. The whole crew went to a Hertha Berlin soccer game at the Olympic Stadium and it was so cool… also AMS is a very interesting group to observe while they watch other people play soccer… also super likely that more money was spent on scarves and beer during this 2 hour period than any other time this weekend (except when I went to the casino and blew a nice chunk of euros) 
       We went shopping one of the mornings and walked into a store that started a 50% off sale in the entire store just for us.. i think?! idk no one else was there and then they brought out free beers so i’d like to assume it was just for us. The beerhall we went to for dinner was hilarious and super German- not sure how German it is to have a 60 year old couple making out all night at the table behind you, but das Berlin babyyyyy! 
       Last week I took it relatively easy in Prague, except for my encounter with Sparta Praha. This team is full of die hard hockey players, with a fanbase unlike any other. Due to our late arrival the only tickets available were in the Sparta Fanzone… turned out to be the best tix in the house. Lindsey and I learned Czech cheers and stuck out as the only Americans in the exclusive section– people actually came to take photos with us idk it was weird but the night was AWESOME. I’m highly considering buying season tickets just so i can definitely attend the final 4 games. 
       I won’t be traveling this weekend because A. I love Praha and B. I have no passport… I’ll keep you updated on how the whole legal document thing goes. Ta ta from Praha!

Amherst College Senior, Amherst, MA. Member of Amherst Women's Varsity ice hockey team. Hometown is Washington, D.C