This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

It’s an honor to interview people for Campus Profile.  When I first started writing for Her Campus, I only wrote features.  I always envied the people who conducted interviews for the then Campus Cutie and Campus Celeb.  They were the most popular members of Her Campus, because everyone wanted to be featured on the website.  When I became the Campus Correspondent, I was able to start conducting interviews and I enjoyed it for the first few months.  I felt like one of those cool members of Her Campus.  Then it became difficult to meet up with people to interview, many people declined my interview requests and some times people didn’t respond to my emails at all.  I remember I couldn’t find a single Campus Cutie so I ended up using Lord Jeffrey Amherst instead.  This was the time when Campus Profile was just a chore, not an act of love.

This week, due to various events, it was difficult for me to write any articles.  However, Campus Profile was the easiest for me to prep and write up.  I sent people emails with their questions and edited photos for their spread.  I realized that I loved hearing about their background, why they chose Amherst and their greatest memories here.  I think I like it the most because they are nominated by their friends, professors and secret admirers.  Many times, these are people I have never met but I feel like I know after reading their interview. (I remember times where I waved to people who I published profiles more who had no idea who I was, awkward!).

Someone made the joke, during this rough time, that we should make a list of the gems of Amherst.  These are people you should meet and get to know.  Another person turned to me and said, Carina already does that through Campus Profile.  It made my heart so happy to hear that.  Amherst is full of gems and I am so excited to showcase them each week.  At a time like this, when many of you need support, I encourage you to check some of this people out.  They will be happy to talk to you and support because that’s the kind of people Amherst students are.

HCXO

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.