Meet Rebecca Ford ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Rebecca Ford ’18 is a ray of sunshine.  She is also a writer who hopes to publish a book one day! Get to know Rebecca with Her Campus :)

Tell me about where are you from:

I was born in Brooklyn, NY but I currently live in Bethesda, MD just outside of Washington, D.C.

How does the weather at Amherst compare to the weather back home?:

The summers are more humid in Bethesda but at least the winters aren’t as bitter cold!

Why did you choose to attend Amherst?:

I chose to come to Amherst because I knew it was a great school and it was far away enough from home, but close enough that I didn’t need to fly. Also, who doesn’t love going to school where it’s winter for 85% of the school year! ;)   

What are you interested in both academically and leisurely?:

I am interested in all things reading and writing. I am an English and Black Studies double major. In my free time, I love to act, dance, and catch up on my TV shows: Scandal, How to Get Away With Murder, Empire and This Is Us.

What are you passionate about the most?:

Art and Social Justice. I want to make a difference through creating art in all types of mediums but right now I’m focusing on creative writing.

Tell me the best memory of your first year:

My floor was really close my freshman year. We had a sleepover during one of the snow days and watched The Breakfast Club. It was a lot of fun!

What are your plans for the rest of your time at Amherst and beyond:

For my last year at Amherst, I plan to write a book (fingers crossed my thesis gets approved), make more memories with friends, and graduate! Beyond that, I’m figuring it out as I go. ☺

What is the best compliment you’ve received?:

“Great legs!” It’s silly, but my height is something that I love on some days and hate on others so when I get compliments like that, it’s always makes me smile.

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.