Halloween Fun Facts: I Betcha Didn't Know...

1. Halloween's origins come from a Celtic festival for the dead called “Samhain.” -Anna Vuong
  2. More than twice as much chocolate is sold for Halloween as for Valentine's Day; 90 million pounds of chocolate are sold during Halloween week alone! - Tan Jia Hui
  3. Trick-or-treating evolved from the ancient Celtic tradition of putting out treats and food to placate spirits who roamed the streets at Samhain. - Mei Zhou
  4. They say trick-or-treating came from the practice of "mumming" or "guysing" in which costume wearing participants would go door-to-door performing choreographed dances, song and play in exchange for treats. - Judy Lee
  5.  Halloween is one of the more popular American events in Russia right now, but mostly with young adults who now have an excuse to dress up and have a fun night around town.- Darya Bor
  6.  68% percent of Americans list chocolate – no matter the type – as their favorite trick-or-treat goodie, according to the National Confectioners Association. - Mirha Khan
  7. A working magician from the age of 17, Harry Houdini (née Ehrich Weisz) became America's favorite magician and a world-renown legend for his daring escapes. It was only fitting, then, for this master trickster to die on October 31, 1926—from a ruptured appendix. - Sonia Zaib
  8. Halloween is more Irish than St. Patrick's Day. Momal Bashir
  9. 64% of Americans celebrated in 2015! - Taylor Pelletier

About The Author

20-year old lover of Yahweh (God) with a passion for life, dancing, Christian Ministry, natural beauty, modest fashion, social justice, learning and education, art, service work, travel, nature, business, and a good bargain or sale, and a preference to lead by example

Blog: www.borntobeunique.weebly.com