Campus Cutie Jeannette Alhelí Ortega ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.
Name: Jeannette Alhelí Ortega

Hometown: Maspeth, NY

Year: 2015

Dorm: Wieland Dormitory 

Major: Spanish

Relationship Status: In a relationship 

Ideal Date:  Brunch, a walk, and a bookstore.

What Super Power Would You Want: The ability to convey ideas in such a matter that people of different opinions could be receptive to them.

Ideal Job: High School Spanish Teacher or Middle School Math Teacher

Most Played Song on Your iPod: Flawless Remix 

Fave TV show: Criminal Minds and How to Get Away With Murder (HTGAWM)

Country you want to visit: Anywhere in Latin America. I’d start in Mexico and work my way down to southern Brazil!

Craziest Thing You’ve Ever Done: Attempted to river tube in a flooding river in Belize.  About twenty minutes in, we had to create a human chain to reach the river bank because the strong currents kept flipping us over in the tubes.  The organization, Xtreme Adventures, realized  we weren’t hardcore enough for the river and they took us to a chocolate shop, where we got to grind roasted cacao and make chocolate hearts. 

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.