Campus Cutie Carlos Gonzalez ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Name: Carlos Gonzalez 

Where Are You From?: Originally Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic but now I live in Lancaster, PA. 

What is Your Class Year?: 2014 

What Dorm Do You Live In?: Seelye 

What High School did you attend?: Hampfield High School 

What is/are Your Major(s)?: Political Science and Interdisciplinary Latino Studies 

What is Your Ideal Date?: We would have a candle lit dinner and then go bachata dancing.

What is Your Spirit Animal?: A dragon because I’m obsessed with the dragons in Game of Thrones.  

What Super Power Would You Want to Have?: I would want to be able to read peoples’ minds.  

What is Your Guilty Pleasure?: Chocolate, absolutely. It’s a problem. 

What Songs Do You Sing in the Shower?: Vida by Ricky Martin. That song is so catchy.  Also, Touch the Sky by Kanye West.

What is/are Your Favorite TV Show(s)?: House of Cards, Games of Thrones, Scandal, Suits, and Breaking Bad.  

What is Your Relationship Status?: Single 

What Country Would You Like to Visit?: Oh man, there are a lot of countries I’d like to visit…I love traveling! But I’d have to say Istanbul, Turkey. 

What Extracurriculars Are You Involved In?: I am a Trainer for The United States Student Association, I am a member of La Causa, and I sit on the board for the Center for Community Engagement. 

Where do you see yourself in five or ten years?: Out of Grad school, in an elected office, looking to settle down, and definitely traveling.

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.