Campus Cutie: Alexus Strong ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

1) Grade, dorm, major

2015, Jenkins, American Studies

2) Do you participate in extracurricular activities at Amherst?

Ultimate frisbee; eating Grab ‘n’ Go on b-level; Panda East; #TeamBreezy; stealing China from Val; listing the sports teams I totally could have walked on to as a freshman; thinking about different scenarios

3) What is your favorite part about Amherst?

The vibrant “Comments” sections

4)  What is your dream date?

Celebrity chef Guy Fieri cooks us a 24-course meal he titles “How Many Things Can I Wrap In Bacon?” Around course #16, we start arguing about how to pronounce “quinoa.” I’m right, but you make some good points. We ask Guy how he pronounces it, and he’s wrong too. I storm off in anger, and we never speak to each other again. You start dating Guy shortly thereafter. 

5) What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

While studying abroad in China last fall, I took a 36-hour train ride across the country and didn’t post a single Facebook status about it.

6) What is something on your bucket list?

Sky cryving, which is a lot like sky diving, only instead of jumping out of an airplane and parachuting to the ground you stay in the plane and have a panic attack. 

7) Do you have a celeb crush? 

Lisa Bonet circa 1988

Amherst College Senior, Amherst, MA. Member of Amherst Women's Varsity ice hockey team. Hometown is Washington, D.C