Campus Celebrity Mohammed Ibrahim ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Mohammed was nominated by three people for Campus Celebrity, a new record since the creation of our form.  Congratulations Mohammed, and congrats to us for getting to learn more about him!

Tell me about where are you from:
I am from Abuja, the capital of Nigeria, the giant of Africa.

How does the weather at Amherst compare to the weather back home?:
It is way colder here. It’s summer temperature almost all year round in Nigeria.

Why did you choose to attend Amherst?:
I didn’t really, my sister made that decision for me. She was a student at Mount Holyoke at the time and she was like “why don’t you apply to Amherst college”. I did, and here I am. No regrets whatsoever. 

What’s are you interested in both academically and leisurely?:
I am a computer science major so i am interested in everything computer science related. I am also a huge fan of game programming. I’ll see how that unfolds itself. Aside that, I am very interested in soccer and I play with the wonderful ladies and gentlemen on the club soccer team [here at Amherst].

What’s are you passionate about the most?:
I am most passionate about soccer. I could talk/argue about it 24/7 really.

What are your plans for the rest of your time at Amherst and beyond:
I think the primary plan is to do my absolute best academically. Aside that, I will also like to meet new people, make new friends, have fun, grow…

Beyond Amherst, I plan to own and coach Chelsea Football Club and spend my spare time programming FIFA, the soccer game. Basically, make a living doing what I love.

If you could make one change to the world, playful or serious, what would it be?:
Serious change: I would end global hunger. Less serious change: I would make 90% of the world Chelsea (Football Club) fans. I would let the rest choose their clubs so I can argue with them about why their choice is wrong.

What’s something you’ve always wanted to say but never got the chance to say it?:
I love you, Bae.

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.