Campus Celebrity Amir Hall ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.
If you attend Amherst, I would be surprised if you didn’t know the great Amir Hall ’17.  He is a wonderful person to be around and makes everyone he comes in contact with feel like a star.  It is no surprise that he would be voted as the the Campus Celebrity to end HC Amherst 2015 with a bang!

Tell me about where you are from:
I am from my father and mother. You can tell I’m from my father by my stubbornness, by my nose, and by my talent for rhetoric. You can tell I’m from my mother by everything else. My father and mother are from another land. The land of voices sailing in song. A land sterotyped for its mas, envied for its explosive Carnival. It is a land of contrast where oceans and rivers dilute running blood. It is a land flawed, a land sweet, a land as light as steelpan music and as heavy as history. I come from Trinidad and Tobago.

How does the weather at Amherst compare to the weather back home?:
It rly doesn’t tbqh

Why did you choose to attend Amherst?:
Primarily for financial aid. It was the cheapest option for my parents.

What are you interested in both academically and leisurely?:
I stay in awe of the confluence of traits extending vertically through our ancestry and laterally through each other.  I have always loved the spotlight, but my fave moments are when I witness another person in their own spotlight. I am interested in people as they truly are, wrapped in light. That’s why I like art. Art does that kinda shit.

What clubs are you involved in on campus?:
A few, but I’m over extra-curriculas. ACSU has a special place in my heart tho

What are you most passionate about?:
Tbd

What are your plans for the rest of your time at Amherst and beyond:
Thrive. Help other students thrive. Write a novel. Mae some art. Laugh loudly. Marry Mohammed Ibrahim ’17.

If you could make one change to the world, playful or serious, what would it be?:
Playful: I would get this paper I’m procrastinating on in on time.

What’s something you’ve always wanted to say but never got the chance to say it?:
Thank you to every heart that has ever allowed me in.
Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.