Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Amherst Archives

Chill Out! How to be Relaxed and Happy

By Daphne Thompson
February 18, 2014 - 11:50am

I have a joke with my mom every time I come home from school.  “I need to turn back into a human!” I exclaim, and as soon as there’s some availability in our busy schedules, we embark on a superficial day full of eyebrow threading, mani-pedis, and lunch that tastes nothing like it was cooked in a dining hall.  Back home, we make smoothies and lounge on the couch catching up on our TV shows (and then re-watching them).  The stress diminishes, I have the energy to get up and get things done and I feel, well, human again.  READ MORE

Revzin '16

By Evelyn Kramer
February 17, 2014 - 8:20pm

Name: Aaron Revzin   Hometown: Needham, Ma   Dorm: Morris Pratt   High School: Needham High   Major: Economics   Ideal Date: Starts at Chipotle, Ends in the Bedroom   Spirit Animal: Skinny Cow   READ MORE

Have you started applying for summer internships?

By Carina Corbin

Harlem Gospel Choir Performance

By Carina Corbin
February 17, 2014 - 3:43pm

This event is free and open to the public, but tickets are required. Ticket reservations began on Thursday, Jan. 22, and will be available until they are gone. To reserve a ticket, please call 413-542-5773 or go online: www.amherst.edu/campuslife/keefe/calendar Reserved tickets can be picked up at will-call beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the lobby of Buckley Recital Hall in the Arms Music Building. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. Any unclaimed reserved tickets will be released at 7:45 p.m. for any guests on the wait list for tickets. READ MORE

Fiesta del amor y la amistad

By Carina Corbin
February 17, 2014 - 3:37pm

Featuring DJ JB-Spins
Free for AC students
$5 before midnight, $7 after READ MORE

Things Guys Do Drunk (narrated with the help of cute animals)

By Evelyn Kramer
February 16, 2014 - 8:19pm

The liberal arts education is all about asking the tough questions and seeking truth, so we are wondering about some of the baffling behaviors of the drunken male, such as:   Peeing in trash cans: If there was a trash can, doesn't that mean you were within the reaches of civilisation and chances are there was a bathroom nearby?  Or even a tree?       READ MORE

Valentine's Day Special: Campus Celebrity Couple Jia Liang and Jacob Pfau

By Carina Corbin
February 14, 2014 - 1:00pm

The cutest couple on the Freshman quad—Jia Liang and Jacob Pfau! This week's Campus Celebrity couple talk about how they met, the joys of living in separate dorms and how the brave the awkwardness of their friends gushing over their cuteness. (As the interviewer, I can firmly say that these two are very, very cute together!)   Let's start off with an easy question—what year are you both? Jia: We are both first years. Jacob: Class of 2017!   How long have you been together? Jia: Since December—so about two and a half months.   First met? Jia:Williston! Jacob: Math book club! Our mutual told me that Williston was filled with wonderful people and I decided to visit. [He smiles at Jia]  ...

Valentines Day Date Looks!

By Caroline Bomstein
February 14, 2014 - 11:27am

When getting ready to go on a Valentines Day Date, it is easy to get nervous!! There are like a thousand movies and cultural references to be made about this special day, so there is a lot to live up to! (Thank God there is that horrid film called Valentines Day to lower the expectations of gals everywhere.) Make this night easier for yourself by planning out your outfit a bit in advance; this will help you to get to your dinner on time, while ensuring that you look your best! Here are some ways to wow your date, without going overboard. READ MORE

Afternoon Tea at King's Carriage House

By Evelyn Kramer
February 13, 2014 - 2:06pm

READ MORE

What is your Valentine's Day Dream Date?

By Carina Corbin