Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Amherst Archives

Campus Cutie Thomas Keating '16

By Lauren Carter, Gabi Smith-Rosario
March 5, 2014 - 5:00pm

Name: Thomas Keating   Hometown: Rockville, MD   Class Year: 2016   Dorm: Morris Pratt   High School: Rockville High School   Major: Political Science and Economics   READ MORE

Priscilla Tyler '15

By Caroline Bomstein
March 4, 2014 - 11:11pm

This past fall, Amherst Junior Priscilla Tyler was abroad in Paris, and it was the experience of a lifetime, check it out! READ MORE

The Bluestockings "Caught Blue-Handed"

By Carina Corbin
March 3, 2014 - 3:41pm

Please join the Bluestockings in Johnson Chapel for their Spring show, "Caught Blue-handed," featuring the senior class members.  The ladies promise great music, great skits and lots of fun to be had at the expense of the senior class members. They will feature music by Alicia Keys, Destiny's Child, Michael Buble, Stevie Wonder, Duffy, Queen and MORE!   Tickets are $5 and will be sold at the door and in the Val atrium during lunch and dinner this week.  Get your tickets soon! READ MORE

Klee '14

By Evelyn Kramer
March 1, 2014 - 7:13pm

Name: Kristen Lee   From: Los Altos, CA and Seoul, South Korea   Year: 2014   Dorm: Hitchcock   High School: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry    Idea Date: "Ideal ideal?  Burrito on the beach in California.  But realistic date?  Dinner and just hanging out.   Spirit Animal: Sea otter   Super Power: Selective mind reading   READ MORE

What are you doing for spring break?

By Evelyn Kramer

Spring Fashion Preview

By Caroline Bomstein
February 28, 2014 - 2:31pm

No but really I swear tomorrow is March. Because of this, I think I am going to part ways with some of my boots and start attempting to wear flats again. Though my feet may turn into ice cubes while walking between classes I feel that it is my duty as a budding fashionista to push the limits a bit. READ MORE

5 Pieces of Advice from Experienced Women

By Evelyn Kramer
February 27, 2014 - 3:17pm

As a second semester senior just a few short months from being chucked into the world, I’m desperately clinging to any advice I can get.  So it occurred to me, why not reach out to some of the mothers of my team members and see what advice they would give to their eighteen to twenty-one year-old selves.  They had lots of great stuff to say!     READ MORE

2014 Oscar Preview!

By Amanda Goorin
February 26, 2014 - 3:56pm

The Academy Awards is one of the most watched television events of the year.  From the red carpet and exquisite gowns to the comical host(s), entertaining acceptance speeches, tributes, and musical performances, The Oscars is an enjoyable evening for movie buffs and ordinary filmgoers alike. It is always fun to look back on the previous year and celebrate the achievements of cinema.    READ MORE

World Cuisine at Val

By Carina Corbin
February 25, 2014 - 12:35pm

I will begin with a shameful confession: I actually bookmarked the Valentine menu on my computer. I maybe one of the few students who check Val's menu on a daily basis. Granted I'm also probably one of the few students who know whether it's a pasta day versus a Schwemms day. By knowing what comes ahead, I hold a happier outlook on my dining experience at Amherst than many people I know. However, when you study the menu every day, you start to see a pattern. The menu resets every Sunday and it gets a bit disappointing when you don't see something new. You can, then imagine my surprise when I saw that this coming Thursday, the dinner section merely said World Cusine. READ MORE

Wall-E Screening

By Carina Corbin
February 24, 2014 - 2:41pm

Come join the Green Amherst Project for a screening of Wall-E!   They will be in the theater in the basement of Keefe.     READ MORE