Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Amherst Archives

Campus Cutie Carlos Gonzalez '14

By Lauren B Carter
May 8, 2014 - 4:31pm

Name: Carlos Gonzalez  Where Are You From?: Originally Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic but now I live in Lancaster, PA.  What is Your Class Year?: 2014  What Dorm Do You Live In?: Seelye  What High School did you attend?: Hampfield High School  READ MORE

Grillin' and Chillin' Study Break

By Carina Corbin
May 6, 2014 - 8:00pm

Need a break from writing papers and studying for finals? Want to celebrate the end of classes? Come out to the Grillin’ and Chillin’ Study Break co-sponsored by the AAS and SAAC! There will be hamburgers and veggie burgers, fun games, and water bottles and frisbee giveaways every 20 minutes. Also, DASAC made a great playlist for the event! Make sure to swing through the first-year quad from 12-3 on May 8th and come hang out!   (Description taken from the original Amherst Event Calendar post) READ MORE

LAST DAY OF CLASSES!

By Carina Corbin
May 6, 2014 - 1:30pm

This is the moment you can pat yourself on the back because classes are over!  Sure, you may need to study for four final exams, finish four final projects and somehow makeup the last few missed essays but you got this!  Take the time to celebrate, relax and most importantly SMILE! READ MORE

Campus Celeb: Commencement Edition

By Caroline Bomstein
May 4, 2014 - 2:14pm

READ MORE

David D' '14

By Evelyn Kramer
May 4, 2014 - 11:53am

Name: David Desrosiers   From: Brooklyn, New York   Year: 2014   Dorm: Cohan   High School: Regis High School   Majors: Sociology and French   READ MORE

Should You Write a Thesis?

By Evelyn Kramer
May 3, 2014 - 7:27pm

In a moment of panic over lunch with my parents junior spring, I said, “I don’t know if I want to write a thesis.”  My parents’ reaction was instant and strong: “You love writing!  You are absolutely writing a thesis!”     READ MORE

Fashion Tips From "The Other Woman"!

By Amanda Goorin
May 1, 2014 - 6:42pm

READ MORE

The Real Reason Love Is In The Air--Finals!

By Carina Corbin
April 29, 2014 - 2:30pm

If your circle of friends is anything like mine, you recently witnessed your News Feed filled with relationship news.  This couple is getting together, this couple hooked up, this person is on a date with that person...the list goes on.  I started to notice the increase talk of love amongst my college friends about two weeks ago.  Coincidentally, this spike in romance occurred around the time of the total lunar eclipse or blood moons.  However, when I continue to see hand holding and random hookups at the Spring Formal, something tells me that the astrological phenomenon was not to blame for this sudden heighten of libido.   READ MORE

How was the Spring Concert?

By Carina Corbin

Frozen Sing-A-Long

By Carina Corbin
April 28, 2014 - 4:00pm

We will be screening a special sing-a-long version of Disney's Frozen while enjoying some frozen popsicles and pizza! Suggested donations of $5 will go towards Pioneer Valley Habitat for Humanity.   (Summary taken from Amherst College Event Calendar) READ MORE