Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Amherst Archives

How to Keep Your Wardrobe Light and Simple this Summer!

By Caroline Bomstein
May 16, 2014 - 10:42pm

READ MORE

Are You Coming to Commencement

By Evelyn Kramer

My Finals Survival Kit from Her Campus

By Evelyn Kramer
May 14, 2014 - 6:05pm

Her Campus and their sponsors sent me a Survival Kit to get through finals!  What was in it, you ask?       Pop Chips:  I can’t stop eating these!  They’re popped instead of fried or baked, so they aren’t as bad for you as potato chips, but they taste just as awesome.   READ MORE

Campus Celebrity Joyce Wamala '17!

By Carina Corbin
May 14, 2014 - 11:29am

READ MORE

Another Look at "The Other Woman"

By Caroline Bomstein
May 12, 2014 - 9:27pm

READ MORE

Late Night Val Study Break

By Carina Corbin
May 12, 2014 - 6:40pm

Come to Val Monday night for some gourmet coffee and chocolate fondue!!!! Other snacks will be provided as well. Come come!!!   (Information taken from the Facebook Event) READ MORE

Women Wearing the Pants

By Verónica Arndorfer
May 12, 2014 - 3:46pm

When I say women wear the pants these days, I mean it. Ladies are wearing pantsuits and menswear-inspired pieces left and right. I LOVE IT. When I find a fellow female in the men’s section (or little boy’s) shopping for themselves, I want to hug them.  Even the men’s fashion bloggers have had to bow down to the greatness of a woman in pants. Take for instance, the men at The Style Blogger* who have had sprinkled in menswear-inspired editorials here and there.  READ MORE

Reflections on Why the Amherst Social Culture Falls Short

By Evelyn Kramer
May 9, 2014 - 11:29pm

I’ve been trying for a while to put my finger on what it is that defines the social problems at Amherst.  I couldn’t figure out exactly what makes this place feel so much less like a cohesive community than did my high school.  Finally, over a phone conversation with my brother, an alum, some of the problems started to make more sense.     READ MORE

The White Ribbon Campaign

By Caroline Rose
May 9, 2014 - 7:37pm

Last week, the Obama administration announced its new agenda to fight sexual assault on college campuses. With this announcement, suddenly the issue of sexual assault elevated from national media buzz to matter of national policy. According to the administration, 1 in 5 women are victims of sexual assault in college. READ MORE

Campus Cutie Carlos Gonzalez '14

By Lauren B Carter
May 8, 2014 - 4:31pm

Name: Carlos Gonzalez  Where Are You From?: Originally Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic but now I live in Lancaster, PA.  What is Your Class Year?: 2014  What Dorm Do You Live In?: Seelye  What High School did you attend?: Hampfield High School  READ MORE