Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Amherst Archives

My Semester in Spain: Part 4

By Devin O'Connor
October 5, 2014 - 7:30pm

The longer I am here, the more I realize there are so many things for me to see in Spain. There is much more to this city than my neighborhood, my school building, and Sol, the “barrio” in which all the clubs are located. This week I made a conscious effort to see more of the city that I currently consider home. READ MORE

Quality Over Quantity; Be Your Best Self Everyday

By Caroline Bomstein
October 4, 2014 - 1:17pm

READ MORE

Amherst Fall

By Caroline Bomstein
October 3, 2014 - 2:59pm

READ MORE

Campus Cutie Kade Pettie '15

By Gabi Smith-Rosario
October 1, 2014 - 12:00am

Name: Kade Pettie   Hometown: Albany, New York   Class Year: 2015   Dorm: Hitchcock   High School: Bethlehem Central High School   Major: Biology and Environmental Studies   READ MORE

Amherst Tricking and Acrobatics Club (ATAC)

By Carina Corbin
September 30, 2014 - 12:00am

If you walked through the quad on a sunny day, you may have noticed the tightrope attached between two trees in the Freshman quad.  If you did, you could not have missed the  several brave souls walking across it.   These acrobats are part of an upcoming club called  the Amherst Tricking and Acrobatics Club (ATAC).  Their mission: to spread the love of learning and performing tricks and acrobatics across the campus.  We spoke with one of the founders, Robert Kwark, about the club, their aspirations and more!   READ MORE

"On Why We Lie" Professor Stavans, Life Stories Stories

By Carina Corbin
September 29, 2014 - 8:30am

This is the first of a new biweekly series, Life Stories, that provides a forum for the Amherst community to get together over lunch (sandwiches provided) and listen to a student, faculty or staff member talk about their lives. More information about the series is available on their website.     Taken from the Amherst event calendar! READ MORE

Athletics at Amherst

By Molly Connolly
September 28, 2014 - 5:58pm

READ MORE

My Semester in Spain: Part 3

By Devin O'Connor
September 28, 2014 - 5:27pm

Everyone is told Oktoberfest is a must while studying in Europe. The amount of hype that surrounds the festival is ridiculous and something I never understood. However I now fathom why the world travels to Deutschland to drink beer with millions of other people. READ MORE

Double Edge Theatre: An Outdoor Presentation

By Carina Corbin
September 27, 2014 - 12:01am

This traveling outdoor presentation will transport the audience to the mythic and enthralling worlds of Don Quixote, Odysseus and Shahrazad through poetry, flying, humor, live music, puppets and the visual arts. Epic tales woven together from Double Edge Theatre's popular summer spectacles "Don Quixote," "The Odyssey" and "Shahrazad, A Tale of Love and Magic" will transform the campus environment into an enchanted landscape where imagination triumphs over destruction and chaos. Follow Double Edge from the roof of Frost Library, through the Main Quad and down toward the War Memorial. Join us for a post-show discussion with Ilan Stavans, Stacy Klein, leader of Double Edge Theatre, and members from Double Edge in Stirn Auditorium at 7:30pm....

Campus Celebrity Tomal Hossain '17

By Carina Corbin
September 26, 2014 - 4:45pm

Where are you from?: Los Angeles, CA. READ MORE