Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Amherst Archives

Have You Tried the New Coffee Place?

By Evelyn Kramer

Review of Meo 7 Cafe in Paris

By Evelyn Kramer
April 12, 2014 - 5:48pm

Now that I'll be going to France in a few months, I'm starting to feel nostalgic about my semester in Paris.  Here's a review of a coffee place I loved:   READ MORE

Campus Celebrity Shalini Menon '17

By Carina Corbin
April 12, 2014 - 12:45pm

This week's Campus Celebrity was voted by the Amherst Class of 2017.  Everyone who voted said one person: the beautiful, intelligent and talented Shalini Menon.  She graciously accepted our invitation to be this week's Campus Celeb.  In her interview, she talks about life in Bangalore, why she chose Amherst, the coolest things she's ever done and more! Where are you from? I am from Bangalore, which is a city in the south of India,   Can you tell us a little more about Bangalore? READ MORE

Eco-Friendly Fashion

By Caroline Bomstein
April 11, 2014 - 3:59pm

As Earth Day (April 22nd) approaches I would like to talk about some environmentally conscious initiatives taken on by several design houses and retailers. I love clothes, and I like to think that I stay relatively on-trend from season to season, but this way of life is not particularly kind to the planet. It requires enormous amounts of resources, both renewable and un-renewable. If you are passionate about living sustainably then clothing is a great way to live in an eco-friendly fashion, pun intended entirely. After all, fashion is all about expressing yourself, so let’s talk about ways to show your love for all things green! READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Steven Goldberg '16

By Caroline Bomstein
April 9, 2014 - 10:27pm

Steven Goldberg, Class of 2016. Steven is from Bethesda, Maryland at attended Walt Whitman high school. Here at Amherst he lives in Jenkins.  Ideal date: A nice long hike with a stunning view of the ocean. Halfway through, a picnic lunch break with a good deli sandwhich, Dr. Brown's black cherry soda, and a side of coleslaw, please.  Spirit animal: Wolf.  Dream super power: Omniscience  READ MORE

Lecture "Poolitics" with Gustavo Esteva

By Carina Corbin
April 7, 2014 - 12:30pm

"Poolitics: The Flush Toilet and Struggles for Political Autonomy,"
A lecture with Gustavo Esteva, renowned post-development author READ MORE

Juliana's Spring Picks!

By Juliana Glasser
April 6, 2014 - 1:51pm

READ MORE

Which Panda Bowl is Your Favorite?

By Evelyn Kramer

Pita Pockets Review

By Evelyn Kramer
April 5, 2014 - 5:31pm

Pita Pockets, the new falafel place in town, is one of the best things to happen to Amherst in a while.  The guy behind the counter is one of the most friendly and enthusiastic people I’ve ever encountered.  He asked my friend, who had already been there two times that week, how she was doing, and how her friend’s thesis was going.  He assured us that he would make us the best Turbo pockets ever.    READ MORE

Scandal(s)!

By Amanda Goorin
April 3, 2014 - 11:50am

READ MORE