Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Amherst Archives

Campus Cutie: Alison Ahn '17

By Caroline Bomstein
September 21, 2014 - 11:00am

READ MORE

My Semester in Spain: Part 2

By Devin O'Connor
September 21, 2014 - 10:53am

READ MORE

Campus Celebrity Thais Correia '16

By Carina Corbin
September 19, 2014 - 5:55pm

This is one of the most inspirational Campus Celebrities I have ever done.  Thais Correia '16 is one of the kindest and most caring people I've had the pleasure of meeting.  In her interview, she talks about her amazing story from getting into Amherst, spreading the love of coding to young women, how to get underrepresented groups in the computer science field and more!  A must-read for everyone! READ MORE

The Struggles of Taking a Five College Course

By Carina Corbin
September 18, 2014 - 1:55pm

READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Katie Paolano

By Caroline Bomstein
September 14, 2014 - 7:09pm

Katie Paolano '16 had one amazing summer, and is ready for her junior fall at Amherst, check it out! 1)Where was your program this summer? I studied painting and the art history and architecture of Renaissance Venice in Venice, Italy through Boston University’s College of Fine Arts. 2)Why did you choose this location/program? READ MORE

Campus Cutie Tobi Oni-Orisan '17

By Carina Corbin
September 12, 2014 - 3:00pm

Name: Oluwatobi (Tobi) Oni-Orisan Hometown: New Britain, CT Year: 2017 Dorm: Seligman Majors: Undeclared… Most likely Computer Science READ MORE

Layering For the Win

By Caroline Bomstein
September 11, 2014 - 11:12pm

Hello fall semester! Classes, football, and the leaves a-changin’! Personally, I could not be more excited about the start of this year, and also all of the giant September issues of fashion magazines. Those rock, although like I get it, Cara Delevigne and Karlie Kloss are good at modeling, Eyebrows-got it. Excuse the sidebar, now back to the business of summer/fall fashion! READ MORE

My Semester in Spain: Part 1

By Devin O'Connor
September 11, 2014 - 8:33pm

Two things were confirmed at the “bailaste” class I just attended at my local gimnasio in Madrid: 1. the box step is a universal dance move; 2. I cannot dance. As I attempted, and failed, to shimmy along with a group of 30 middle-aged Spanish women, I came to the conclusion that bailaste would be my first and last zumba-like dance class I take in Spain. Painful as it was, I do not regret attending the class. It was one of the many things I plan to try while on my semester of “yes.” READ MORE

Dear First Year -- 8 Steps to Conquer Your Freshman Year

By Carina Corbin
September 9, 2014 - 12:30pm

Dear First Year,   Welcome to Amherst.  You’re going to love it here. Whether you already fell head over heels on the Freshman Quad or still need a bit more time to hear wedding bells, you will soon find Amherst to be your second home.  As a sophomore, I want to help you to ensure your tradition to Amherst life is swift and painless.  Here are my tips for having a good first year.   READ MORE

First Marsh Coffee Haus of the Year

By Carina Corbin
September 8, 2014 - 8:25pm

That's right ladies and gentlemen, you heard it here first.  Marsh House first Coffeehaus of the year will be Friday, September 12th. Whether you were a regular attendee in the past or this will be your very first time, you will enjoy experience your fellow Amherst students show off thier skills in an intimate setting.  Feel free to volunteer and show off your skills too. The coffeehaus is a beautiful place to express yourself in an encouraging environment. Be there, or be square. READ MORE