Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Amherst Archives

Campus Cutie Clarice Carmichael '16

By Carina Corbin
October 18, 2014 - 5:55pm

Name:  Clarice Carmichael    Hometown:  Miami, FL   Year:  2016   Dorm:  Seelye   Majors:  Religion/English   Relationship Status:  Single   Ideal Date: A teen movie clothing montage. She comes out of the dressing room stall in a pink feather boa. Cut to me looking exasperated yet charmed.    READ MORE

Autumn Beauty

By mbrown15
October 17, 2014 - 5:05pm

Photo Credit:  Candice Jackson '17 Submission by:  Morgan Brown '15 Model:  Morgan Brown '15     READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Mercedes MacAlpine

By Caroline Bomstein
October 15, 2014 - 4:03pm

Meet Mercedes MacAlpine, one of the members of the newly formed Amherst Cheerleaders! Grade: 2016 Dorm: Seelye Major: Black Studies READ MORE

The Top 5 College-Friendly Halloween Makeup Tutorials

By Carina Corbin
October 15, 2014 - 12:01am

Have you begun to look up inspiration for Halloween costumes but hit a dead end?  Maybe it's the limited amount of ghoulish clothing you brought with you to school.  Or the fact that your makeup collection does not have all seven shades of zombie flesh to blood.  Or the clear problem of all the tests and midterms and studying dampering any creative juices.  Whatever you dilemma is, never fear, HerCampus is here.  We have compiled eight videos by top YouTubers that show the best makeup styles for Halloween.  They are quick, easy and we promise will actually be in your closet!  Whether you want to look like a Queen or a Corpse, these top stars have your back. READ MORE

Ndaba Mandela: "Empowering Youth Through Education"

By Carina Corbin
October 14, 2014 - 5:00pm

Ndaba Mandela, grandson of Nelson Mandela, will deliver a one-hour talk titled "Empowering Youth Through Education and Interconnectivity." Ndaba educates audiences on how to apply the tools it takes to realize his grandfather's eternal message of the importance of education in one's life, and also how to create the necessary solid support system of teachers, parents, civic leaders and mentors that it takes to succeed. This will be good-- don't miss it! This event is sponsored by the Multicultural Resource Center, African and Caribbean Student Union, Department of Black Studies, the Black Student Union, the Queer Resource Center and the Women's & Gender Center.   READ MORE...

Campus Celebrity AAS President Tomi Williams '16

By Carina Corbin
October 11, 2014 - 12:15am

Most of the student body voted for Tomi Williams for AAS President.  This is your chance to learn more about our President outside of the constraints of his platform and on a more personal.  In this interview Tomi talks about his background, coming to Amherst, his goals on changing the student body and more!   Where are you from? READ MORE

Johnson Chapel

By Molly Connolly
October 8, 2014 - 9:51pm

Photo by Molly Connolly '17 READ MORE

Jazz @ Schwemm's

By Carina Corbin
October 8, 2014 - 5:00pm

Enjoy music by Stephen Page Trio plus student combo Toxic Thunder. Jazz@Schwemm’s performances are given by students and local professionals and will fall on four consecutive Wednesday evenings at 9 p.m. in the Schwemm’s Backroom, in the Keefe Campus Center on the Amherst College Campus. Each performance is free and open to the public. The series itself was a collaborative initiative of Alex Rodriguez ’07, Director of Jazz Performance Bruce Diehl and Biology Professor Dominic Poccia. The goals were to increase the jazz presence on campus and to give students the chance to interact with performance as a backdrop to their other normal daily activities....

Campus Cutie: Louise Atadja '16

By Caroline Bomstein
October 8, 2014 - 4:01pm

Year: 2016 Dorm: RC of South Dorm Major: Neuroscience/Pre-Med Hometown: Well...I live in Shanghai right now but I used to live in Acton, MA. Oh and I'm also Canadian. Oh and I went to kindergarten in Ghana where my parents are from. Oh and I also lived in New Jersey for a couple years. Right... What was the question? Extracurricular Activities: I'm a first year RC, captain of the track and field team, part of an Athlete Bible Study on campus, and a pre-health mentor! READ MORE

HerCampus Back-To-School Survival Kit + GIVEAWAY FOR YOU!!!!

By Carina Corbin
October 7, 2014 - 12:01am

One of the many perks of working for HerCampus is the goodies they send us to wish us well for each part of the school year.  The Back-to-School Survival Kit was a godsend, just in time for mid-terms and Fall break.  Here is the lowdown on some of the many items we received and how YOU can get in on the fun too.   READ MORE