Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Amherst Archives

Johnson Chapel

By Molly Connolly
October 8, 2014 - 9:51pm

Photo by Molly Connolly '17 READ MORE

Jazz @ Schwemm's

By Carina Corbin
October 8, 2014 - 5:00pm

Enjoy music by Stephen Page Trio plus student combo Toxic Thunder. Jazz@Schwemm’s performances are given by students and local professionals and will fall on four consecutive Wednesday evenings at 9 p.m. in the Schwemm’s Backroom, in the Keefe Campus Center on the Amherst College Campus. Each performance is free and open to the public. The series itself was a collaborative initiative of Alex Rodriguez ’07, Director of Jazz Performance Bruce Diehl and Biology Professor Dominic Poccia. The goals were to increase the jazz presence on campus and to give students the chance to interact with performance as a backdrop to their other normal daily activities....

Campus Cutie: Louise Atadja '16

By Caroline Bomstein
October 8, 2014 - 4:01pm

Year: 2016 Dorm: RC of South Dorm Major: Neuroscience/Pre-Med Hometown: Well...I live in Shanghai right now but I used to live in Acton, MA. Oh and I'm also Canadian. Oh and I went to kindergarten in Ghana where my parents are from. Oh and I also lived in New Jersey for a couple years. Right... What was the question? Extracurricular Activities: I'm a first year RC, captain of the track and field team, part of an Athlete Bible Study on campus, and a pre-health mentor! READ MORE

HerCampus Back-To-School Survival Kit + GIVEAWAY FOR YOU!!!!

By Carina Corbin
October 7, 2014 - 12:01am

One of the many perks of working for HerCampus is the goodies they send us to wish us well for each part of the school year.  The Back-to-School Survival Kit was a godsend, just in time for mid-terms and Fall break.  Here is the lowdown on some of the many items we received and how YOU can get in on the fun too.   READ MORE

My Semester in Spain: Part 4

By Devin O'Connor
October 5, 2014 - 7:30pm

The longer I am here, the more I realize there are so many things for me to see in Spain. There is much more to this city than my neighborhood, my school building, and Sol, the “barrio” in which all the clubs are located. This week I made a conscious effort to see more of the city that I currently consider home. READ MORE

Quality Over Quantity; Be Your Best Self Everyday

By Caroline Bomstein
October 4, 2014 - 1:17pm

READ MORE

Amherst Fall

By Caroline Bomstein
October 3, 2014 - 2:59pm

READ MORE

Campus Cutie Kade Pettie '15

By Gabi Smith-Rosario
October 1, 2014 - 12:00am

Name: Kade Pettie   Hometown: Albany, New York   Class Year: 2015   Dorm: Hitchcock   High School: Bethlehem Central High School   Major: Biology and Environmental Studies   READ MORE

Amherst Tricking and Acrobatics Club (ATAC)

By Carina Corbin
September 30, 2014 - 12:00am

If you walked through the quad on a sunny day, you may have noticed the tightrope attached between two trees in the Freshman quad.  If you did, you could not have missed the  several brave souls walking across it.   These acrobats are part of an upcoming club called  the Amherst Tricking and Acrobatics Club (ATAC).  Their mission: to spread the love of learning and performing tricks and acrobatics across the campus.  We spoke with one of the founders, Robert Kwark, about the club, their aspirations and more!   READ MORE

"On Why We Lie" Professor Stavans, Life Stories Stories

By Carina Corbin
September 29, 2014 - 8:30am

This is the first of a new biweekly series, Life Stories, that provides a forum for the Amherst community to get together over lunch (sandwiches provided) and listen to a student, faculty or staff member talk about their lives. More information about the series is available on their website.     Taken from the Amherst event calendar! READ MORE