Amherst Select Dinner: An Elegant Occasion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

The brainchild of Jeehae Kim Goddard, the “Amherst Select Dinner” has come to fruition. It is a formal occasion where students (over 21) from different academic disciplines get to enjoy an elegant dinner with wine pairings and all. It is based off of the banquets that Oxford does, a chance to promote conversation and responsible drinking in a formal setting. I think it’s a genius idea because first of all, it’s fun for the students. I got to meet people I know I would never have gotten to meet, all the while enjoying delicious food prepared for us by the Amherst Dining chefs. I’m sure it was also enjoyable for them to for once, not have to cook mass produced cafeteria food.

Hors d’Oeuvres:

Day Boat Halibut Playing in a Sweet Pea Broth:

Breast of Duck Asparagus-Confit Risotto and Meyer Lemon Vincotto:

Coriander-Crusted Lamb Morel Mushrooms and Fiddelhead Ferns:

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie (?) – The question mark is because it is another take on the classic dessert – it has been deconstructed…:

None of this would have been possible without Biddy Martin and Patricia Allen!! Thank you so much for such a fun night!!

We also technically weren’t supposed to have our phones out, but I thought it would be an injustice not to capture the food and drink.