This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

You never need an excuse to refresh your wardrobe, but who has the money for all new clothes? Luckily, there are plenty of thrift stores in the area with unique finds and decent prices. Here’s a list of 9 of my favorite spots to buy gently used clothes in no particular order:

Buffalo Exchange

If you’re looking for trendy, casual clothes Buffalo Exchange on 14th Street is a great place to try. The store is packed with all different types of clothes so you’re sure to find something that fits your style. It can be a little pricey, but they do buy used items for cash or store credit if you’re looking to get your money’s worth.

Crossroads Trading Co

Also located on 14th Street is Crossroads Trading Co. They’re a little more expensive than Buffalo Exchange, but it’s a great place if you’re looking for high-end clothes without the high-end price tag. While they have everything from trendy to formal, it’s my go-to place for business casual. 

Martha’s Outfitters

Right down the road from Crossroads is Martha’s Outfitters. The Outfitters is a part of Martha’s table, an organization dedicated to forming stronger communities in DC. They are one of the most affordable shops in the area but don’t take advantage of that. Martha’s Outfitters brings budget-friendly clothes to those who need it, and they appreciate quality donations.

Fia’s Fabulous Finds

If you’re interested in upscale and brand name clothes, Fia’s Fabulous Finds in Petworth is a great place. They sell nearly new, top quality clothes that don’t empty your wallet. My favorite thing about Fia’s is their monthly fill-a-bag sales. For just $25, you can fill a bag with whatever you want from their backrooms. 

St Alban’s Opportunity Shop

Right down the road from AU’s campus is St Alban’s Episcopal Church. This church runs a thrift store from Tuesday through Saturday that has been going on since the 1950s. The prices are fair, and it’s completely guilt-free considering that all proceeds go to people in need. 

Reddz Trading

With two locations in the DMV, Reddz boasts about their ability to make fashion fun. The bright red storefront is hard to miss, and the stores are packed with a variety of brands. They are constantly getting new stock and with prices starting at $2.50 it’s a store you should be checking out. 

Remix Recycling Co (formerly Mustard Seed)

The recently renamed Remix Recycling Co is a well-known Bethesda thrift shop. The chic and on-trend fashion is popular among the college crowd, and this store has a special interest in finding vintage items from the second half of the 20th century. 

Frugalista

As the name implies, this second-hand shop is for the frugal crowd. Located in Mount Pleasant, it’s a great place to find unique clothes in every price range. 

Georgia Avenue Thrift Shop

This store has a great selection of clothes, but it’s also known for its variety of odds and ends. Books, furniture, kitchenware, art, etc this is the place to find any type of affordable used goods. It event has a ton of weekly promotions so that you can get even better discounts daily. 

Happy thrifting!

Photo Credits: Cover, 1, 2, 3, 4

To learn more about Katie or get in touch with her, please visit katiemaloneportfolio.wordpress.com/.