alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Summer 2017 Must-See Concerts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Summer is all about kicking back, relaxing, and soaking up the beautiful weather. It’s also concert season. From music festivals to popular tours, major cities around the country host concerts, and everyone wants to get their hands on tickets to attend. Here are some shows you’ve got to see this summer:

Ed Sheeran

After being out of the public following his Multiply album, Ed Sheeran released new music at the start of the new year. New music meant a new album and a tour. It wasn’t long until Ed got back on the road to tour his new album Divide, which came out weeks before he started touring. He will start the U.S. portion of the tour in late June so get your hands on tickets to enjoy his voice and amazing guitar skills in songs like “Shape of You”.

Chicago’s Lollapalooza 

One of the most popular festivals of the summer happens in Chicago. On August 3-6, various artists will be playing in the Windy City’s beautiful Grant Park. The All-Star line up includes Chance the Rapper, Lorde, Vance Joy, and Blink 182. You can buy a ticket for your favorite day or a 4 day pass if you can’t get enough of Chicago and good music.

Chance the Rapper

After breaking records and becoming the first artist to win Grammys from a streaming-only album, Chance the Rapper celebrates his success on a tour this summer. He is also set to play a few festivals. Chance starts his tour at the end of April.

Lady Gaga

After a new album in November, and a phenomenal Super Bowl halftime performance in February, and Lady Gaga is hitting the road again to share her power-house voice with the world. Gaga’s tour begins early this August and will consist of songs like “Million Reasons”, “Born This Way”, and “Pokerface”.

Bruno Mars

After releasing “24K Magic” last fall, Bruno Mars is coming back on the road to share his Motown sound with fans. Bruno’s tour is set to start in the middle of July. Get your hands on a ticket to get your Uptown Funk on.

Governor’s Ball

Like Chicago, New York hosts a music festival filled with some of the best artists. Governor’s Ball will be June 2-4 with the likes of Lorde, Cage the Elephant, and, once again, Chance the Rapper. Just like Lollapalooza, find your favorite day or buy the pass to see your favorite artists.

With all the shows available, this summer is bound to be a great one. Whether it’s at a huge stadium or a small arena, it is always a treat to see artists live during the best time of the year, when classes end and the shorts and sandals are broken out. Treat yourself to a summer of good music and sun!Photo Credits: 1 (cover), 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8