Spring 2013 Fashion Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Spring is just around the corner! It’s time to pack away the heavy sweaters and bring out the latest fashion trends. Who says you can’t look cute and sophisticated in for springtime classes? Look for these great Forever21 trends from that are sure to make you feel cute, comfortable, and confident for springtime.

Peter Pan Collared Shirts

Collared shirts are everywhere these days. Their high collar displays both classy and chic. And they’re a great pairing with pants, skirts, and shorts. These shirts typically flow with elegance. It’s the perfect top to wear casually and gracefully.

Peplum Tops

Peplum top are perfect when you want to show off your curves without suffocating yourself. They can be paired with bracelets, earrings, and necklaces of all sorts. With some form-fitting pants, these tops will give your outfit a little flare.

Colorblocking Cardigans

April showers bring May flowers! While spring is the perfect warm season, there is no doubt there’ll be some gloomy days. So bring a light cardigan with you wherever you go. And what cuter cardigan than a colorblocking cardigan? These cardigans are comfortable yet stylish. You can wear them out to classes, dates, or even around the dorms. Because they can be paired with so many different tops, they’re the perfect item for your closet.

High-Low Skirts

High-low skirts aren’t going anywhere. Their asymmetrical shape ensures a sophisticated look with a dash of elegance. When paired with those comfy sandals, you can instantly create a cute and casual everyday look. Pair it with heels and you’ve got a great outfit for a fun night.

Striped Pants

Stripes continually to invade our closets. And now, striped pants are the perfect apparel that guarantees a bold outfit that will make heads turn. Instead of having the bright colors and patterns up top, change it up and show off your legs in a fun outfit of daring striped bottoms.

Studded Flats

Springtime isn’t a time for high heels all day everyday. Finish off your outfit with the perfect pair of ballet flats that looks cute and can keep you moving around. And what better way to keep your outfit looking great from head to toe than colorblocking studded flats. These flats can give your outfit the edgy finishing touches it needs.