Post Brangelina Split: Celebrities Couples That Give Us Hope

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

We were all shocked to hear about the split of Hollyood’s Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt this past week. After staying strong with six children and finally tying the knot in 2012, the couple called it quits last Tuesday, a development covered by every major news source. Although the world cannot see how incredible and goal-like their relationship was anymore, here are some other celebrity couples we should ship instead.

Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds

After co-staring in The Green Lantern together, Reynolds and lively began dating and got married in 2012. Now, they have a daughter and another baby on the way. We love them not only for their amazing style and gorgeous looks, but also for their personalities that they are not afraid to share with talk show hosts, such as Jimmy Fallon and Ellen DeGeneres.

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith

We’ve all seen the re-runs of Will Smith on The Fresh Prince Of  Bel Air, but we have also loved the Smith couple and family. For almost twenty years now, the Jada and Will have been going strong with their three kids, whom we’ve seen as a Karate Kid and whipping their hair back and fourth. From TV, movies, to music, we have all loved watching the Smith family entertain us.

David and Victoria Beckham

We’ve watched him win countless soccer titles and seen her “tell us what we want, what we really, really want” with the Spice Girls. For seventeen years, David and Victoria Beckham have been loved by the public. Not only for their beautiful kids, but for their classy, British style as well. Although they have retired from their careers, the Beckham’s have always brought out our childhood dreams of being a singer or a top athlete.

Beyonce and Jay-Z

Although they have been on the fence from possible affairs, Queen B and Jay-Z have always stayed strong. “Crazy In Love” and “Drunk In Love” are classic tunes, helped by Beyonce’s insane range and Jay-Z’s creative rap styles. The music power couple have been going strong as man and wife for eight years now along with having an adorable daughter who’s named after a color.

Even though there have been several famous couples that have fizzled over the years, many have remained strong. While they may be watched by people around the world, these couples still commit to each other because in the end, they love each other just like any other married couple in the world.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7