This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Name: Nick Barley

Hometown: York, PA

Major: Political Science

Relationship Status: Single

Mac & Cheese or Chocolate: Mac & cheese, with bacon though.

Celebrity Crush: Tiffani Thiessen, when she was on Saved By the Bell.

Favorite Place in D.C.: Down by the river, down in the Georgetown area. It’s really relaxing.

Currently listening to: Nothing’s Changed, Blink 182, the Goo Goo Dolls. I’m a ‘90s guy for sure.

Ideal Date: I was brought up real old school; anything real traditional is what I’m all about. Got to stick with what my mama taught me: something outside, with food. Having lunch or something. Keeping it really light and informal, until I get to know them better.

Ideal girl: Depends on the person, honestly. I think that ambitious is one. Someone who doesn’t care about status, that’s like my biggest pet peeve. When I like someone, I like someone. There’s no cookie-cutter shape.

Best movie to watch after a bad day: Back to the Future for sure, you can’t go wrong with it. It’s one of those timeless movies you can just watch over and over again. It’s like a feel-good movie, Doc reminds me of my grandpa.

What are you looking forward to most in the future: I’m looking forward to getting out of school, and finding my own place. I feel like after college people change their goals a lot. I’ve had specific goals for a long time and I want to get started on those. 

What’s something that people don’t know about you:  I love the city, but I love the country. I want to live in the country when I’m older.

When you’re not in class, what are you doing:  Either working out, studying, or hanging out with my friends. I really like going downtown and finding places to eat, and things like that or even going to the city for no purpose and being around the place you actually live. People get stuck in AU too often. If you go and do you’re thing, the world gets a lot bigger when you’re out of AU.

A place you haven’t visited yet, but have always dreamed about visiting: Egypt, to see the pyramids.

Guilty Pleasure: Keeping Up With Kardashians for sure. My sister got me into watching it, and I ended up watching it out here. I knew I had a problem, so I had to stop. They’re so ridiculous that their lives are so enthralling.

Excited, free and happy are three words Arielle would use to describe herself. Currently a senior at American University, Arielle is studying print journalism and art history. A lover of traveling, exploring and getting flat out lost, Arielle one day hopes to become a professional travel writer. When she's not writing for Her Campus, you can find her sipping on a cup of coffee, wandering through a musuem or reminiscing about London. She believes that life is always better while on a rooftop. Keep up with Arielle and her adventures on Instagram or Twitter (@okarielle), or take a look at her blog, okarielle.com. Stay happy and stay exploring.