Molly Kepner ’15: Vice President of AUSG

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Her Campus American: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Molly Kepner: I’m from Nashua, New Hampshire. I’m a Poli Sci major with a double minor in Communications and Public Administration & Policy. I’m graduating this Spring. I have 4 siblings: 2 older & 2 younger.

HCAU: What does the position of AUSG Vice President entail?

MK: The VP oversees all of the programming that Student Government does. That includes the Kennedy Political Union, Student Union Board, Founder’s Day, the Department of Events, and the class and school councils.

HCAU: What would you say is the most rewarding part of your position?

MK: I think the most rewarding part is after an event is over and people come up to you saying how much they enjoyed it and how much fun they had.

HCAU: What other clubs and activities are you involved in on campus?

MK: I’m in College Republicans and AU Ambassadors.

HCAU: What has been your favorite memory at AU so far?

MK: My favorite memory was my freshman year during the 2012 elections. I loved watching the debates and the election results (even though I wasn’t happy with the results) with my friends. It’s basically AU’s Superbowl.

HCAU: Do you have any hidden talents or a weird/fun fact you’d like to share?

MK: Hmm, let’s see… I can say the alphabet backwards. I was a child model for JC Penney. Oh, and my front teeth are fake. I chipped them on the bottom of a pool in elementary school.

HCAU: Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?

MK: Let’s see. In 5 years, I’ll be 25, and it’ll be 2019. I’ll hopefully be working on staff for a member of Congress or on a campaign. In 10 years, I’ll hopefully be senior staff on the Hill or on a campaign.

HCAU: What advice would you give your freshman year self?

MK: I would tell myself to come in with an open mind. I know that I had a lot of preconceived notions before coming here. AU opened up my mind a lot about politics and about people.

Want to know more about the work Molly does for AUSG? Check out this website for more information: vp.ausg.org