The Mindy Project Season Premiere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Finally, our Tuesdays are back to normal.

The season premiere of The Mindy Project has taught us the following things about Danny Castellano:

1.     He stripped under the name “Diamond Dan” – don’t worry, it’s to pay for medical school.

2.     He can play (not to mention very well) “Let it Go” on the piano.

The episode oddly (yet promising for Mindy and Danny’s relationship) opens with Danny catching us up on what it’s like to date Mindy Lahiri.  It seems like the two season long game of “will they, won’t they” has finally come to an end and we can finally sleep well knowing that Mindy and Danny are together for good.  But wait, there’s still 20 more minutes worth of drama to ensue and you know how much can happen in 20 minutes – not in real life, in TV life. 

As usual, Mindy gives in to her tendency to share almost every detail of her personal life with the office but being that her personal life involves dating Danny… he gets pretty mad.  Meanwhile, Mindy finds something kind of suspicious and worrisome in Danny’s drawer AKA a pink thong with rhinestones that spell out: Diamond. She gets mad too.

Speaking of diamonds, Peter buys his girlfriend Lauren a diamond tiara, which it’s likely he immediately regrets after finding out that she kissed Jeremy. Oh those Brits – well she’s not that great either.  After the Peter-Jeremy confrontation, Mindy and Danny are shown at her apartment whilst sitting on the fire escape (yes, in true rom-com fashion).  Danny reads Mindy a list of things he’s never told her and she accepts him even if he did have to carry a purse to school in 4th and 5th grade.

The last scene is pretty hilarious in a Danny Castellano way – do you think his Aaliyah “Try Again” dance in season 2 foreshadowed the whole stripper thing?  We should’ve seen it coming.

Photo credit: 1