Meg Carter ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Name: Meg Carter

Age: 19

Year: First semester Junior

Major: Psychology and Public Health

Favorite song right now: It has been the same for the last four years, it’s “Re: Stacks” by Bon Iver and it currently has over 5,000 listens on my iTunes!

TV show character who would be your best friend: Schmidt from New Girl hands down! He is really Type A and says a lot of stupid stuff and I am the same way. I would also like to play “True American” with him.

Favorite article of clothing: Well I wear the same necklace every day. I love clothes so this is a hard one, but I like oversized sweaters and tights!

Favorite summer activity: Laying in hammocks.

Favorite place you’ve ever been: Six years ago I spent part of my summer in New Mexico and I camped overnight outside on a mesa. That was pretty awesome because you could see all around you and look at the stars.

Celebrity crush and what you would do if you could hang out with them for a day: Well I have two celebrity crushes but if I had to pick one I would choose Leonardo DiCaprio. If we had a day together, Leonardo DiCaprio and I would first shave his beard and then we would have lunch on his yacht and then he would throw me a birthday party like he did for Rihanna. Then we’d probably watch a wildlife documentary together because he loves wildlife documentaries (he produces them). And then it’d probably be dusk, so then I’d make him rent out the Museum of Natural History and we would go to the rock exhibit and then we would have dinner somewhere really fancy and I would make him pay for everything. Just being with him would be enough… as long as he grooms his beard a little bit.

Guilty pleasure: Watching Vampire Diaries.

Dream job: Being an astronomer. I am not studying anything related to that, but I would love to study stars.

Biggest pet peeve: Humans but more specifically people who chew with their mouths open or people who are consistently late to things. Also people who complain about things that can’t change and people who use derogatory terms and think it’s funny…. the list goes on!

Favorite movie: The Dark Knight Rises

Something you can’t live without: Chocolate milk, cute boys, Cooler Ranch Doritos, hot sauce and maybe oxygen.

#1 thing on your bucket list right now: I actually don’t have a bucket list but I would like to own a boat and have someone else run it and do everything for it.

Why are you the most unique campus cutie of them all? Well as you can tell from my previous answers I’m extremely weird. But I think the thing that separates me is that I have listened to the same song over 5,000 times with no intention of stopping. I’m also the funniest person I know.

My name is Meg and I am a PR, marketing and psychology senior at American University. I am an environmentalist, feminist, gym junkie and happiness pursuer and am passionate about community service, social media and coffee.