This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

One of the things I have missed most since adopting the role of the stereotypical college student is good food. Most of the time I can overcome the urge to spend way too much money at the grocery store on the food I wish I could be cooking and eating, but sometimes I indulge. Well, last week was unexpectedly one of the times I succumbed to the desire to eat like a real human being. While hanging out with a close friend of mine, we decided that we were both too lazy to cook for ourselves after a long day. So, he asked me if I liked steak-frites, to which the obvious and rational answer was: YES! Upon my answer he recommended a little place near his place called Medium Rare. And let me tell you, it was not only an amazing restaurant but a rare experience in the District (pun intended). 

We all know that D.C. is a foodie haven, it is also an incredibly expensive area. This poses a problem for broke college students, as many of us survive off coffee, cereal, and ramen. But every once in a while, it is important to “treat yo-self” to a delicious meal. This is just one of the many reasons that Medium Rare should be your next indulgence! 

Medium Rare only does one thing, but they do it exceptionally well! Here is the set menu: pain de campagne, a mixed green salad, and steak-frites topped with a delicious sauce. Now I know you’re wondering how much all of this costs—an award-winning steak restaurant in D.C., there is no way I can afford this! Believe it or not this can all be yours for a fixed price of $20.95. But here’s the big kicker, you get two (that’s right, two!) full servings of steak-frites. That is TWO steak dinners for the price of what is usually hard to find in the District for under $30 for a single serving! Now do you all understand why I am SO excited about this jewel? There are truly so many things to love about this restaurant, everything from the service to the food and location is a fabulous experience. This is the perfect place to go with your friends, for a graduation dinner, or any other occasion you can think of to stuff your face with magical deliciousness. I promise it is more than worth it! There are two more things to love about this restaurant, two words friends: brunch and dessert. While I have not had the pleasure of partaking in either of these yet, I can assure that I will be going back soon to experience them! 

And for the cherry on top of the metaphorical sundae, Medium Rare has three convenient locations in the DMV area: Bethesda, Cleveland Park, and Capitol Hill. Additionally, both the Cleveland Park and Capitol Hill locations are metro accessible, making the temptation ever more present. I hope that you will give this place a try the next time you are looking for a well-deserved scrumptious meal! 

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4