This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

(Ella performing an archeological dig) 

Name: Ella Beaudoin

Studying: Anthropology

Originally from: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Favorite play/musical you have been in at AU: Currently I am in Rashomon! A Japanese murder mystery play done through the Universities Theater Department! We perform this Thursday (2/19) Friday (2/20) and Saturday (2/21).

Dream Date: Sipping tea in a sunny window of a cafe and wandering through the Natural History Museum. 

Favorite type of candy: Chocolate. Of all kinds. Forever. 

If you could be anywhere in the world right now where would you be and with who? I would be in Northern Kenya working with the Leakey’s on whatever excavations they happen to be doing.  

Favorite thing to do on a Sunday: Sitting somewhere in the sun with tea and taking time to read a book that hasn’t been assigned. 

What house from Harry Potter would you want to be in? I think I would get Gryffindor because I am too rash and don’t always think things through but am always up for an adventure. 

What do you hope to be doing with your life in 20 years? I have my PhD and am working in the field, maybe throw some kids in there too!

Favorite place in DC? Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. 

Guilty pleasure food: Pizza, fruit salad, burger, or s’mores. My record is eating 18 s’mores in a row… so there is that. 

What’s the craziest thing you have ever done or wanted to do? I’ve hiked through the Himalayas for three months, and I would want to try eating crickets at least once. 

What’s at the top and bottom of your bucket list? Top of my bucket list would include going on a camel safari across the sahara. The thing at the bottom of my bucket list if giving blood. I’m very scared of needles.