Easter Spent in the District

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Are you going to be spending your Easter in DC? Not going home for the holiday if you celebrate it? Here are a few simple ways to get into the Spring spirit, without taking too much time away from your studies. But hey, even if you aren’t going to be heading home for the holiday, there is never any reason to skip out on cute pastels and candies. 

If you’re feeling crafty think about having an Easter egg coloring contest. There are tons of cute ideas to try on Pinterest or Tumblr.

Another way to be crafty with materials that you most likely already have is to get creative with your nail art. 

After these preparations are made, get out into the city and enjoy some of the outdoors. Last weekend it seems that Mother Nature was tricking us by providing us with clear skies and warm weather, but not to worry, these grey skies will soon pass. 

Rent a bike or go for a walk around the tidal bassin. Can you ever really see too much of the cherry blossoms?

Before hand make sure to treat yourself with a brunch. 

Even if this restaurant may be cliche, try Nick’s Riverside Grill in Georgetown. You can’t beat the view and they will be serving Easter brunch from 11am to 3pm. 

If you’re looking for a buffet setting, try the City Tap House, they even have a make your own mimosa bar, if that’s your kind of thing. They will be serving their brunch from 11am to 1:30pm and it is $40 per person. This may seem pricey but if you are up for the mimosa bar it seems to be well worth it. 

Another option is Bistro Bistro in Dupont Circle. This location offers brunch until 5pm and is only 25$ per person, which is pretty good for an all you can eat buffet. 

Either way, if you won’t be spending this Easter weekend with your family, there is no excuse to skip being festive on this fun Spring holiday!

Photo Credit:

1, 2, 3, 4