This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Her Campus AU: Was there a specific moment that made DC home for you?

Camille Torres: When I moved in freshman year, I stayed up every night in my lounge talking to my floor-mates who came from a range of backgrounds with vastly different life experiences. I distinctly remember calling my mom and telling her that I was finally having the kinds of conversations I had always wanted to have. That’s when I knew D.C. was home.

HCAU: What are you involved in on campus?

CT: I am a part of the AU Scholars Program, AU Ambassadors, Sigma Kappa Executive Board (I am the Vice President of Alumnae Relations), and I helped found No Lost Generation on which I currently serve as the Director of Advocacy.

HCAU: What’s your favorite spot on campus and off campus?

CT: On campus I spend all of my time at the bridge and off campus I love Open City at the Cathedral!

HCAU: What do you like to do when you go home?

CT: I honestly spend a lot of time with my dog, Max. He’s my best pal.

HCAU: What is your dream job and why?

CT: I want to work on the project planning/design side of international aid. I am incredibly passionate about refugee/human rights issues, but I want to be able to design and implement programs that ask the right questions and are effective in what they do. It’s also important to me to have a voice and some creativity in the job I have, so I feel International Cooperation combines those interests well.

HCAU: Is there a movie you live by? Why?

CT: I don’t know if I LIVE by it, but my all-time favorite movies is The Heathers with Winona Ryder. It never gets old.

HCAU: Is there a song that you listen to everyday that is your go to?

CT: As of right now it’s Me Rehuso by Danny Ocean!

HCAU: If you could go to happy hour with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be and what would you talk about?

CT: Cliché, but, Michelle Obama. I would ask her about anything and everything, but especially about her life before the White House. I’m fascinated by people’s backstories.

HCAU: Before graduating AU, do you have a top item on your bucket list?

CT: My big item was to study abroad and I got to do that last semester, so as of right now I’m set!

HCAU: Which ice cream flavor represents your personality and why?

CT: I think Cosmopolitan. My personality changes depending on my mood so I’m a little bit of everything!

HCAU: What’s your personal motto?

CT: Look good, feel good.

Photo Credits to this cutie!