Bill Kakenmaster ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Name: Bill Kakenmaster

Hometown: Castle Rock, CO

School/Year of Graduation: SIS ‘17

Major(s): International Studies

Three words to describe yourself: I love coffee.

Activities you’re involved in on campus: University College, Clocks and Clouds, and AMIRS.

Something unique about yourself: I am the world’s biggest fan of Scooby Doo and I have a cactus named Gregg.

Your dream date: Meet a panda. Girl optional.

Best experience of your life: When I meet a panda on my dream date, duh.

Biggest regret: Not owning more Hot Wheels when I was a kid.

Favorite place in DC: Mount Pleasant.

Best five books you’ve ever read: Perfume by Patrick Süskind, The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick, A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, and Guantánamo Diary by Mohamedou Ould Slahi.

Favorite movie: Pulp Fiction

Favorite show to binge watch on Netflix: Supernatural

Top five items you’d want if trapped on a desert island: A map, milkshake, another map for when I spill the milkshake on the map, a cape that lets me fly, and a fishing pole.

Place you want to travel most and why: I’d really like to go to Buñol, Spain because of La Tomatina.

Dream job: Ice cream taster.

Where you are most likely to be found on campus: SIS.

Images: Courtesy of Bill Kakenmaster

Maggie is a senior at American University studying Broadcast Journalism and International Relations. In addition to writing for Her Campus as both a featured writer and a section editor, Maggie is also involved in Greek life, an American University Ambassador, and is currently interning in the newsroom at Voice of America. When Maggie is not writing, she can be found obsessively reading Buzzfeed, going back through study abroad photos from London, and dreaming about Baked and Wired cupcakes. After graduation, Maggie hopes to work as a correspondent in Europe, and use this as an excuse to travel the world as much as possible.