This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

With over a billion views on the site every day, YouTube is quickly becoming one of the most popular and evolving sites on the internet. After its creation in 2005, YouTube has become one of many social media outlets where people can display their creativity and personality. Whether it’s music videos, cute animal videos or comedic sketches, you’ve probably watched your fair share of YouTube videos.

Believe it or not, you can watch legitimate tutorials on beauty, fashion and fitness; they have tutorials and videos on virtually any topic or product. Maybe instead of watching Netflix, you’ll procrastinate school work by watching YouTube videos. If you’ve ever needed some fashion inspiration or wanted to recreate a celebrity’s makeup, be sure to check out these beauty guru channels. Below is a list of popular and growing YouTube channels. But just a warning— they can get pretty addictive!

Michelle Phan — Michelle

With over six million subscribers, eight billion views, her own makeup brand and company, Michelle is nothing short of a successful YouTube celebrity. Whether you’re a makeup pro, or just sticking with the basics, her videos are always filled with useful tips. Be sure to watch her Lady Gaga makeup tutorials!

MacBarbie07 — Bethany

At just eighteen years old, Bethany has almost six million subscribers and her own clothing line at Aeropostale. Her bubbly personality and fun videos will always make you smile. Plus, her channel is perfect for beginners!

ilikeweylie — Weylie

Her channel consist of everything from hair, beauty, girl advice and everything in between. Weylie is like the sister you’ve never had (or wanted). But, she always knows how to keep it real.

Carly Cristman Carly

Chicago native, Carly Cristman is a stylist, artist, designer, and model. Her videos always feature her glamorous outfits, fun personality and stylish tips.

Miss Glamorazzi Ingrid

Ingrid’s perky personality will brighten your day; she always has the perfect recommendations. Plus, all of her looks are super affordable!

Zoella — Zoe

Zoe’s channel is filled with her bright and bubbly personality. She always seems to know how to create the perfect makeup look. Her quick and easy hair and makeup tutorials are always handy!

Tanya Burr — Tanya

She is very knowledgable about all types of makeup products and her makeup is always perfect. This great British YouTuber has created many videos on celebrities. Her channel is also perfect if you’re looking for cheaper alternatives to high end makeup products.

bubzbeauty — Lindy

Her cute makeup looks, sweet personality and adorable Irish accent will make you instantly subscribe. Lindy’s channel is filled with helpful and easy makeup tutorials.

Kandee Johnson — Kandee

As a mom of four and former celebrity artist, Kandee always knows how to keep things interesting. Her bright and intense looks will always stand out, especially if you’re looking for something new.

AllThatGlitters21 — Elle

Elle’s home decor videos are filled with colorful inspiration and helpful advice. Her younger sister, Blair (right) is also a YouTube celebrity and they always have the best tutorials.

BeyondBeautyStar — Claudia

As a new and upcoming YouTuber, Claudia’s style is unforgettable. Her fun personality and impeccable editing skills make you feel like you’re watching a professional movie. From fashion lookbooks to healthy snack recipes, Claudia’s channel has it all.

Lauren Elizabeth — Lauren

Lauren’s goofy and eccentric videos will make you laugh and wish she was your best friend! Her simple but trendy outfits are always so flattering.

clothesencounters — Jenn

If you are ever in need of some fashion advice, or inspiration be sure to check out Jenn’s channel. Her cute personality and edgy “west coast” style definitely makes her channel unique.

AndreasChoice — Andrea

Andrea’s do-it-yourself videos are always handy and filled with creative tips and tricks. Whether it be creative bedroom decor, halloween costumes, or easy ways to revamp old t-shirts, Andrea has all the answers.

Sources:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 

Vivian is the Managing Editor of the Her Campus American chapter. She is currently a senior at American University, pursuing a degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Finance and a minor in Law & Society. Vivian is originally from Long Island, New York. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, drinking iced coffee and taking photos of her food. She is extremely excited to be a part of such an amazing organization on campus!