This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

It’s finals week, and everyone wants to get that A+ to see that maybe, just maybe, we will be successful in our lives. When we were little, all we wanted to be when we grew up was a princess, a cop, an astronaut; and now our lives have come down to a schedule of papers, exams, and trying to figure out how to be a real person. So, it may be reassuring to know that some celebrities we look up to were in our very shoes. And by that, I mean that they actually attended American University AND were extremely successful. Movie stars, producers, news reporters, CEO’s, fashion gurus, you name it- AU has helped in their success. So while you’re freaking out about finals, take a break and check out who’s succeeded after being right where you are today:

Barry Josephson- This famous film producer graduated from SPA in 1978, and went on to produce movies like Enchanted and Life As We Know It (AND he even produced the show Bones)

Dean Factor- If you don’t know his name, you know his company; Smashbox Cosmetics, and Smashbox Studios (following in the footsteps of his father, make up ledgend Max Factor). Dean graduated from Kogod in 1987

Alisyn Camerota – This Fox News co- anchor graduated from SOC with a degree in broadcast journalism

Michael Chasen – now known as the creator of Blackboard, Llc, Michael graduated with a degree in computer science in only three years. Fun fact- while at AU, he worked part-time doing technology work for the FBI

Giuliana Rancic- this E- News reporter, fashion guru, reality show haver received her masters from SOC. While in college, not only did she cover the Pentagon, the White House and the State Department, but she also was on Miss Maryland twice and was the co-host on The Miss USA Pageant twice (what am I doing wrong with my life.)

Goldie Hawn- This star, even though her time at AU was short lived, attended AU with a major in drama but then dropped out to start her own dance studio which was up and running by 1964

Star Jones- lawyer, journalist, writer, television personality, fashion designer and women’s advocate, Star Jones graduated from AU with a BA in Administration of Justice, and while here she joined the Lambda Zeta chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority

Michael Weatherly- this star NCIS and goof we love attended AU for a short amount of time before leaving to pursue acting, and joining a band (please come back to AU DiNozzo, we love you)

Photo Source: 

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10