Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

American Archives

3 Free Things To Do in D.C. Now

By Kendall Eisenberg
October 2, 2014 - 5:00am

The District of Columbia is unlike any other city in the country. The district is not only home to the Nation’s capital, but it is also not a part of any state. Have you ever seen a D.C. license plate? They have “taxation without representation” written on them. While Washingtonians pay taxes like everyone else, we have no one to speak up for us in congress. Even our budget has to be approved by congress. Other than all the political reasons, D.C. is different from everywhere else because it brings history alive and combines a variety of cultures. You’ll never run out of things to do in the district as a college student. Here are the best free things to do right now: READ MORE

Five Places for Your Perfect Date

By Vivian Chen
October 2, 2014 - 3:00am

Did you meet your perfect match on Tinder? Stumble upon your perfect match at the check-out line of Eagle's Nest? If you’re dying to meet up and in need of some recommendations of where to go around town, then this is for you! Listed below are the best places in D.C. to have your date. But if you’re anything like me, in which you have no Tinder dates, take your best friend out and try to explore some awesome new places to eat around town. 1. Tryst (Adams Morgan) 2459 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20009 (202) 232-5500 READ MORE

4 Steps to the A-list in the Kim Kardashian: Hollywood Game

By Kari Cominsky
October 2, 2014 - 3:00am

You’ve just returned home to your mansion in Calabasas after an exhausting all day photo shoot with Metropolitan Magazine when your manager Simon calls with another gig. All you wanted to do was go on your date with that hottie you met at Panino the other night, but once again you are rushing off across Los Angeles for another glamorous photo shoot. Such is the life of an A-list celebrity in this summer’s hottest game, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood. READ MORE

Food Allergies: On and Off Campus Dining Advice

By Channing Gatewood
October 2, 2014 - 3:00am

READ MORE

Once Upon a Time Returns With a Shiver

By Maggie Miller
October 2, 2014 - 3:00am

READ MORE

TV Review: Selfie

By Brie Davis
October 1, 2014 - 4:00am

Being friended is not the same as having friends. Scottish-lass Karen Gillan is back on the small screen, this time in a leading role as self-obsessed, social media mogul Eliza Dooley in the newest ABC show Selfie. READ MORE

A Reaction to Gilmore Girls Coming to Netflix

By Hanya Bruner
October 1, 2014 - 3:00am

Netflix will be streaming all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls beginning today, October 1st. For those who don’t know Gilmore Girls, it was a very popular series about a mother-daughter duo Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Rory (Alexis Bledel). This marks an important moment for all Gilmore Girls fanatics. If you’re like most fans, you probably flipped out after hearing the news. Who better than the Gilmore Girls themselves to convey our reactions to this momentous news? 1. Your initial reaction might be a state of pure shock. You don't exactly know how to react to this news....

Tattoo or Not To?

By Arielle Witter
October 1, 2014 - 3:00am

Getting a tattoo is a major life decision. It’s a life-long commitment like getting married or dyeing your hair neon green. Inking your skin is just like writing on the wall in permanent marker: it doesn’t wash off.   While some people decide to get tattoos with little to no meaning, others get a tattoo to represent the start of a new chapter in life. Unfortunately, if you’re stuck between starting that new chapter and having a severe fear of needles, it’s hard to bring the metaphorical pen to the page.   READ MORE

Starbucks 101 A Brewed Awakening

By Arielle Weg
October 1, 2014 - 3:00am

The new Starbucks on campus has gold star members and newbies alike lining up for their coffee fix. But did you know there is more to Starbucks than your regular skinny vanilla late? With the new school year in motion, it’s time to find your new seasonal favorites at the campus’ newest coffee shop. The Basics READ MORE

Sean Ryan '16

By Nadine Rotundo
September 30, 2014 - 4:00am

Name: First name Sean, last name Ryan  Hometown: Moultonborough, NH Major: JLC  Relationship Status: Flyin' solo  Something people may not know about you: I'm a triplet  Favorite Animal: Dog  Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Peanut Butter Cup  Favorite Movie: Catch Me If You Can  READ MORE