Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

American Archives

5 Apple Recipes That Will Make You Love Fall Even More

By Monica Bogan
October 31, 2014 - 4:00am

While everyone is obsessing about pumpkin-flavored everything, let's not forget that this is peak apple season! This is the time for sweet, crisp apples and warm apple desserts.To fully embrace the fall season, grab a PSL and make one of these delicious apple recipes. Happy fall, everyone! 1. Microwave Apple Cinnamon Crisp Dessert for one? Whip up this easy cinnamon apple crisp and settle in for a cozy night of Netflix. READ MORE

Virginia Lyon'15: Mission Improv-able Superstar

By Natalie Gonzalez
October 31, 2014 - 4:00am

Meet Virginia Lyon, an international relations stuides major and an Arabic minor, who is the director of American University's improv troop Mission Improv-able! Virgina shared her thoughts with us on what it is like to be head of such an oustanding improv troop.    Her Campus American University: When and how did you become involved with Mission Improv-able?  READ MORE

Safe Smart Dating Workshop

By Ali Follman
October 30, 2014 - 7:13pm

Sigma Delta Tau is hosting an event with Zeta Beta Tau this Saturday at 8 pm called Safe Smart Dating. It is a national program on dating abuse and sexual assault on college campuses. Through discussion, scenarios, news stories and other interactive tools, this program tackles pressing issues that are prevalent on college campuses today. The event is free. Sign up to attend the event and visit the Facebook event for more information.  READ MORE

SUB Presents: Broad City

By Ali Follman
October 30, 2014 - 12:56pm

The Student Union Board is excited to host Broad City's Ilana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson at American University! This event is first come, first serve in the Tavern on Nov. 1. Admission is FREE for AU students ONLY with your ID. Broad City follows the misadventures of two single 20-somethings in New York City. These two ladies are from the hilarious hit web series on YouTube, which turned into a Comedy Central show produced by Amy Poehler. Watch a sample of the two funny women!

Can't wait to see you all there! #SUBCity READ MORE
...

Ten Things Every Female Football Fan is Tired of Hearing

By Kendall Eisenberg
October 30, 2014 - 6:00am

Being a female fan in a male dominated sport, like football, is always tough. The guys don't think we can keep up, you're expected to just provide the snacks and any sign of actual athletic intelligence is surprising and unheard of. Yet women have an evergrowing precnese in the sports fan world. Here is what we female football fans are forced to hear way too often: 1. Wait, you like football? Yes. Yes I do. Chances are I like it more than some of the guys you’re friends with. 2. Do you like that team because your boyfriend does? Nope. I can pick my own teams out, thank you very much. READ MORE

A Halloween #TBT

By Natalie Gonzalez
October 30, 2014 - 5:00am

It’s almost that time of year again. The leaves are changing, pumpkin patches are popping up everywhere, and huge bags of candy corn flood the aisle of every grocery store. Get ready to pull out your witch hats and monster masks because Halloween is just around the corner. This predominately American holiday of dressing up and trick-o-treating has been through multiple changes over time. To go all the way back to its origins, Halloween began as a Celtic holiday known as Samhain. During Samhain, people would scare away ghosts by dancing around a bonfire. Halloween later became known as All Hallow’s Eve, after Pope Gregory III made Nov. 1 All Saints Day during the 18th century....

VIDEO: How Much Do College Students Know About Sexual Health?

By Grace Cassidy
October 30, 2014 - 4:00am

Some of the numbers surrounding sexual health and college students are astounding. For this reason, Her Campus set out with ATV to test the knowledge of American University students to see how much they really know when it comes to sex, health, contraception, and STIs. It's important to stay in the know about why you should use condoms, how to talk with your partner about each other's sexual health, and to always be conscious of your own health with regular check-ups at your doctor.  READ MORE

Album Review: Taylor Swift's 1989

By Kari Cominsky
October 30, 2014 - 4:00am

READ MORE

Appetizing Advertising event by the Kogod Marketing Association

By Janine Fiasconaro
October 29, 2014 - 9:51pm

Amazing event with KMA. Representatives from Krispy Kreme, Chipotle, OpenCity, and Potomac Pizza talked about marketing in the food industry and its challenges.  READ MORE

Why No One Should Want to Be Famous

By Maggie Miller
October 29, 2014 - 4:00am

Wait in line to pay for groceries at any large store in the USA, and often you'll find yourself staring into the glossy, airbrushed faces of actors, models or British royalty. Their dazzling smiles, pictured in lens of the camera, speak of glamorous evenings, expensive clothes, and the unspeakable joy that comes with having their names up in lights. In the media every public and private moment of their lives is captured, with 8-page photo spreads on their million-dollar weddings, and equally extensive coverage of their almost-inevitable divorces. READ MORE