Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

American Archives

What is the part of summer you're not looking forward to?

By Claire Shriver

6 Ways to Move On

By Mireille Olivo
May 30, 2014 - 12:30pm

Even the most passionate of romances come to an end.  People fall in and out of love repeatedly, especially while in college. The end of semester romance or summer fling will extinguish almost as quickly as the romance started. However, falling out of love and ending even a crush is still tough. The key is learning how to forget someone and fall out of love. 1)   Accept the Reality READ MORE

Celebrate Graduation With HC American's Grad Gift Guide on eBay!

By American Contributor
May 19, 2014 - 12:00am

Graduation may be over, but HC American knows that there are still other things on your mind: leaving your friends, potentially moving to a new place, and figuring out how to navigate the real world. However, it doesn't have to be all sad -- after all, graduating from American is a huge accomplishment! To celebrate, we put together these two gift collections on eBay just for you. Browse them, choose your favorites, and share the links with your family members! If they're not biting, consider splurging on yourself and celebrate by purchasing that coveted bag or camera you’ve had your eye on. After all, this is a celebration of you and all of your accomplishments!  These are some of our favorite items: ...

4 Ways To De-Stress This Finals Season

By Allison August
May 14, 2014 - 4:00am

With finals right around the corner, the anxiety can feel overwhelming. Here are some ways to relieve the stress and make it through the end of the semester! 1. Schedule a time to go to the gym. The endorphins will brighten your mood and help your focus. 2. Soak up the sun. The rays will help more than just your complexion. 3. Change your scenery. The library is only interesting for so long...try a new study spot. READ MORE

Beauty and Fashion Tutorials on YouTube

By Vivian Chen
May 11, 2014 - 4:00am

With over a billion views on the site every day, YouTube is quickly becoming one of the most popular and evolving sites on the internet. After its creation in 2005, YouTube has become one of many social media outlets where people can display their creativity and personality. Whether it's music videos, cute animal videos or comedic sketches, you’ve probably watched your fair share of YouTube videos. READ MORE

Avoid the Dog Days of Summer

By Elisha Brown
May 10, 2014 - 4:00am

We’ve all experienced letting a long break distract us from getting anything done. What’s the problem? The dog days of summer, also known as the summer slide. With summer comes hazy days, spontaneous beach trips and just letting time fly. Before you’ve realized it, it’s already time to pack your bags and start renting books for the fall. A major side effect of the season? Laziness. I’m talking days spent in bed re-watching One Tree Hill and eating stale tortilla chips with questionable-looking salsa for lunch, followed by a sleeve of Oreos for dinner. READ MORE

New Albums Just In Time For Summer

By Hayley Markovich
May 10, 2014 - 4:00am

Music is a summer staple. It provides the soundtrack to our beach days with friends, bonfires at night, or long road trips. Summer 2014 won't be complete without the necessary song of summer. Be sure to look out for these albums which all come out just in time for Summer 2014.  The Black Keys: Turn Blue READ MORE

Summer Smoothies

By Gabby Vazquez
May 10, 2014 - 4:00am

Summer is right around the corner, which means hot and humid weather. It also means you have more time on your hands. Time to make smoothies! Go out and stock up on fresh fruit and try out these fun recipes. Smoothies can be really healthy for you, especially if you make them yourself and skip all the added sugar you may find in ones you get at smoothie shops. They are a perfect way to kick start your day, enjoy as a dessert, or a quick snack. Mango and Cream Smoothie Ingredients: READ MORE

5 Books to Read this Summer

By Rebecca Grushkin
May 9, 2014 - 4:00am

During the school year most of tend to excuse our lack of motivation for reading on our own terms. Understandable. After experiencing that oh, so satisfying feeling of recycling all of your photocopied journal articles from the course of the semester, why not feed your soul by engaging in some good, old-fashioned for pleasure reading this summer. Below is a list of five reccomended reading-for-pleasure books. 1. Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger (1953) READ MORE

The People You Meet in the “Class of 20__” Facebook Group

By Arielle Witter
May 9, 2014 - 4:00am

Spring of your senior year of High School is an exciting time. All your friends are choosing where they’ll spend the next four years, and so are you. The excitement is unbearable because you just can’t wait to get to college. You click “join” on that “American University Class of 20______” group, or which ever school you're attending. What you don’t know, however, is who’s in that group. So this is a list of people that you’re likely to encounter on said group’s page. 1.The kid that’s looking for the party READ MORE