Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

American Archives

Elaina Bade '16 President of AU Equestrian Team

By Emily Arnold
September 2, 2014 - 4:00am

Her Campus American: Tell us a little about yourself. Elaina Bade: My name is Elaina Bade. I’m a junior majoring in public communications with a minor in marketing. I’m the president of the AU club equestrian team and a brother of Alpha Phi Omega. HCAU: How did you become involved in the AU equestrian team? READ MORE

Student Involvement Fair

By Mikala Rempe
August 31, 2014 - 4:00am

Come out and see what American University's student activities are all about this Wednesday, September 3rd on the quad! Meet all of our clubs ranging from Greek Life to Her Campus and everything in between. Prepare to meet some great people, learn about new organizations and maybe even pick up some free stuff! READ MORE

KPU Presents:

By Claire Shriver
August 30, 2014 - 12:06am

The Student Government, Kennedy Political Union is proud to host Academy Award and Golden Globe winning actress Geena Davis for the upcoming All-American Weekend. Davis has starred in such films as "A League of Their Own," "Thelma and Louise" and "Beetlejuice." Davis, appearing on this season of "Grey's Anatomy", will speak about her life, work, and activism through the Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media. An AU ID is required for admittance to the event. Questions? Contact KPU Director Tyler Bowders at kpu@ausg.org. READ MORE

The 9 Best Things About the Boohoo STYLE SQUAD Coming to American!

By Sophie Dodd
August 26, 2014 - 2:38pm

Love fashion? Love being ahead of the curve (and the trendsetter of your group) when it comes to the latest cutting-edge brands and clothing stores? If so, then you’re in luck, because Her Campus is bringing you one of the best-kept secrets from across the pond: Collegiettes, say hello to boohoo, the crazy-popular, British online clothing retailer and global fashion leader of its generation! READ MORE

Splash Down! A Water Balloon Fight Against Injustice

By Emma Thomas
August 26, 2014 - 2:13pm

Zeta Psi and AU Men of Strength will host a water balloon fight to raise awareness about sexual assault on college campuses on Monday, September 1st at 1 p.m. on the Eric Friedheim Quad. All American students and staff are invited to participate in Splash Down! and are encouraged to come with a bathing suit and a towel. For every $3 donation, students and staff will be given five water balloons. All proceeds will be donated to the DC Rape Crisis Center. Eagle bucks will be accepted.  Participants should check in at the table on the Quad at 1 p.m. The water balloon fight will start at 1:30 p.m. READ MORE

Untold Secrets of the Avalon

By Nicola Brooks
August 26, 2014 - 5:00am

You probably have visited the Avalon, or you might even live there. But do you know about all of the hidden treasures that Avalon at Foxhall has to offer? Learn the ins-and-outs of one of the most popular places to live off-campus.  1) The Magic of Upper Terrance READ MORE

KPU Presents: David Plouffe & Stephanie Cutter

By Claire Shriver
August 24, 2014 - 11:07pm

The Kennedy Politcal Union is bringing David Plouffe and Stephanie Cutter to campus! Plouffe, campaign manager for Barack Obama's successful 2008 campaign, and Cutter, Deputy Campaign Director for Barack Obama's 2012 reelection campaign and current Crossfire panelist, are coming to American University for a joint speaking engagement Monday, September 8, 2014. The event starts at 8:15pm. For any further questions or comments or concerns, please contact KPU Director Tyler Bowders at kpu@ausg.org. Image Credit READ MORE
...

SUB Presents: Karmin with Special Guest JoJo

By Claire Shriver
August 23, 2014 - 1:28pm

The American University Student Union Board is kicking off the fall semster by welcoming incoming students to American and returning students back. The show is bringing something old and something new to campus… Karmin and JoJo! As the first show of the semester, this event is exclusive to the AU community only. Unfortunately no outside students are allowed to attend.  Want to volunteer and get early access to the show with a front row spot? Email patricia.carden@ausg.orgREAD MORE...

How to Become American’s Best Trendsetter Ever

By Aja Frost
August 18, 2014 - 8:00am

boohoo.com has been on our style radar for a while now—where else do you think we’ve been getting our Euro-inspired summer looks this season? Once the U.K.’s best-kept secret (and now one of the fastest-growing international e-tailers), boohoo has quickly evolved into a global fashion leader for collegiettes on both sides of the pond. We’re obsessed with its simple and fun philosophy: don’t take fashion or life too seriously! Plus, the brand has been pushing boundaries to bring us all the latest looks for less since 2006, and we never say no to fashion on a collegiette-friendly budget!...

Upperclassman's Guide to Freshman Year

By Mireille Olivo
August 16, 2014 - 5:00am

Hello and welcome to American University; home of the eagles, political crazies, and biddies.  It's our pleasure to be the first to give you the lowdown on American.  This list encompasses everything from food, frats, friends and fashion.  Listen to this and feel free to refer back to it throughout the year. 1) Take off the lanyard We see you wearing it and it's the biggest indication that you are a freshman. We will always know you are a freshman, but we don't want to see you struggle with the lanyard and nametags. 2) Don't intern right away READ MORE