Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

American Archives

Record Store Day 4/19: A Guide to Vinyl in DC

By Alex Gilbert
April 18, 2014 - 12:00pm

READ MORE

Easter Spent in the District

By Anna Morcerf
April 18, 2014 - 5:00am

Are you going to be spending your Easter in DC? Not going home for the holiday if you celebrate it? Here are a few simple ways to get into the Spring spirit, without taking too much time away from your studies. But hey, even if you aren't going to be heading home for the holiday, there is never any reason to skip out on cute pastels and candies.  If you're feeling crafty think about having an Easter egg coloring contest. There are tons of cute ideas to try on Pinterest or Tumblr. READ MORE

5 Things You Didn't Know About Mindy Kaling

By Eleni Skoutakis
April 18, 2014 - 4:00am

To celebrate the return of The Mindy Project, nice weather, life, etc. here is a list of seven things you didn’t know about the show's star and creator. 1. She's an ivy league graduate. Mindy graduated from Dartmouth College in 2001 where she originally majored in Latin, but ended up getting her degree in playwriting. So it's okay to not know what you want to do at first. READ MORE

Get Fit & Ready For Summer

By Sarah Hendricks
April 18, 2014 - 4:00am

How did the school year fly by so fast? With less than one month of school left, we can already hear the beach and pool calling! READ MORE

Three Main Reasons its Sundress Season

By Leah Bitsky
April 17, 2014 - 4:00am

After months of the District being totally confused about when to stop making it snow (but like, thanks for all the days off from school,) the birds are chirping, it’s suns-out-guns-out weather, and the quad is the place to be. In other words, Spring has finally arrived fashionably late. READ MORE

AMWord Style Contest Winners

By Claire Shriver
April 17, 2014 - 2:06am

Her Campus American is proud to partner with AMWord Magazine for their Fashion Contest 2014. Below are the winners. First Place: Camille Viollet Je Rêve sweater, BDG jeans, embroidered Toms Jon Nelson Je Rêve sweater, Urban Outfitters sunglasses, Stussy hat   Second Place: READ MORE

Chance The Rapper

By Nicola Brooks
April 16, 2014 - 6:14pm

AU packed Bender Arena Thursday night eager to see Chance the Rapper. Divided by Zero hyped up the crowd with crazy beats and Lyrx had a steady flow.  Lryx’s West Coast inspired raps were a perfect primer for the relaxed rhymes of Chance. READ MORE

How to Rock Thick Brows

By AnnaBella Grant
April 16, 2014 - 6:00am

Everyone knows that the eyes are the windows to the soul. If the eyes are the windows to the soul, then clearly the eyebrows are the curtains that make those windows fabulous. Actresses like Lily Collins and Cara Delevingne, who are famous for their thick, full brows, are becoming more popular every day. With their increasing popularity, thicker eyebrows are coming back in style. As thick brows become more popular, girls with thinner eyebrows are flocking to fill their eyebrows and achieve the youthful look that thick eyebrows give the face. READ MORE

Celebs Hit the Stage

By Hanya Bruner
April 16, 2014 - 4:00am

Spring won’t just bring nicer weather and beautiful flowers, it’s also bringing a gang of celebs to the Great White Way. Hitting the stage as politicians, night club singers, and migrant workers, some Hollywood favorites are trading in the set for the theatre. Ditching drugs for politics, Bryan Cranston (of Breaking Bad) makes his Broadway debut this season as Lyndon B. Johnson in the new political drama All The Way. The play follows LBJ from the time of Kennedy’s assassination through the first year of his administration. Get ready to go all the way with Cranston as he chronicles Johnson’s efforts to pass Civil Rights legislation in congress as well as his victorious re-election....

Get Sensuous with On A Sensual Note

By Mireille Olivo
April 16, 2014 - 2:00am

Featuring a sassy attitude and deserving confidence, On A Sensual Note (OASN) is the only all-male acapella group at American University. Their dreamy voices and signature matching ties make heart’s flutter all around campus and around D.C. Senior Jimmy Scimecca joined OASN first semester freshman year and was elected president in the fall of 2013. During his time, OASN has performed at the Cherry Blossom Festival, the White House, for the Secretary of Labor, Henry Waxman’s wife, and Disney World during spring break 2014. Her Campus American sat down with the men of OASN and got the scoop. READ MORE