Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

American Archives

5 Reasons To Thank Shondra Rhimes

By KerriKnippenberg
October 23, 2014 - 4:00am

Shondra Rhimes is an American screenwriter, director and producer. We first feel in love with this woman when "Grey’s Anatomy" came out. She was the creator, head writer and executive producer. TIME Magazine named Rhimes one of its "100 People Who Helped Save The World". Rhimes latest shows are "Scandal" and "How to Get Away with Murder". 1. She introduced us to the addictive hospital drama "Grey’s Anatomy" Rhimes is the creator, executive producer and writer for Grey's Anatomy. 3. She brought us Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope. READ MORE

Kendall Helblig 15': On the Verge

By Elisha Brown
October 23, 2014 - 4:00am

This season, American University's Department of Performing Arts produced Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, an adaptation of Pedro Almodovar's 1980s film. Set in Madrid, the comedy-musical's characters deal with heartbreak and uncertainty. See the final performances on Oct. 24 and 25. Senior Kendall Helblig plays Marisa in the ensemble.  Her Campus American: Tell us about your AU life and post-college goals. READ MORE

Amanda Please: Bynes and Mental Health

By Vivian Chen
October 23, 2014 - 4:00am

Amanda Bynes was an iconic childhood star who made many of us laugh from her comedies from the 1990s to early 2000s. However, you may have actually seen her face plastered all over the headlines in recent tabloids. In the past two years, Amanda Bynes has faced a slew of legal issues, shaved her head, been hospitalized, been arrested and entered rehab. So you may be wondering: what happened to her? Let's take a step back, and walk through the evolution of Amanda Bynes. READ MORE

Bender Pink Out

By Mikala Rempe
October 22, 2014 - 7:07pm

Beta Theta Pi and Delta Gamma are hosting a Pink Out of Bender Arena to raise money and awareness as a part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Come out to Bender on October 29th at 7:00 p.m. to watch AU Women's Volleyball take on George Washington, and get ready to wear a lot of pink. Not only will it be on a Wednesday (for those Mean Girls fans out there), but it will be a great opportunity to help Beta Theta Pi and Delta Gamma raise money for the American Cancer Society (ACS).

Specially designed Bender Pink Out shirts will be sold for just $10 at the door and on the quad leading up to the event, and all profits will go directly to the ACS.
READ MORE

South Campus Fall Fest

By Taylor Daly
October 22, 2014 - 3:26pm

Come to the LA Quad on September 24 from 7:00 p.m. through 9:00 p.m. to celebrate the arrival of fall with snacks, face painting, entertainment and a photo booth! There will also be a costume contest with prizes, so bring your A game! READ MORE

7 Reasons to Watch The Legend of Korra

By Chelsea Cirruzzo
October 22, 2014 - 5:00am

If you say you didn’t watch Avatar: the Last Airbender when you were younger, you’re lying. READ MORE

American Horror Story: Freak Show Review (spoilers!)

By Janine Fiasconaro
October 22, 2014 - 5:00am

Screams echoed down the halls of American University last week during the season premiere of American Horror Story Season 3: Freak Show. What could be more terrifying than a scary clown jumping out of the bushes and murdering your boyfriend? Maybe a two headed woman that has two different personalities? The writers certainly didn’t hold back this season. Although the beginning of the episode was secretive about some of the more gory details, the twisted anatomies and violence were enough to make you squirm in your seat. READ MORE

Career Advice for SOC Undergraduates

By Emma Thomas
October 22, 2014 - 4:00am

READ MORE

Nishil Thakkar '17

By Tanvi Purohit
October 22, 2014 - 4:00am

Name: Nishil Thakkar Hometown: Richmond, VA, born and raised! Major: SIS Relationship status: Single What are you involved in on campus: I’m a brother of Delta Tau Delta and I play club soccer. READ MORE

Hilary Duff's New Trailer is Here!

By Monica Patel
October 22, 2014 - 4:00am

READ MORE