Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

American Archives

7 Fall Fashion Must-Haves

By Nicole Boczon
September 17, 2014 - 3:00am

Fall is almost here, and we have the fashion to prove it! With NYC’s Fashion Week done, designers brought it all new looks, some throwbacks and we brought our notebooks. Here are a few of the 2014 fall trends we saw, and most importantly, affordable alternatives. All you have to do is click and shop the latest trends!   The Biker Jacket: READ MORE

Into The Wild

By Jordana Levitt
September 17, 2014 - 3:00am

Just an hour away from American University is a place called Camp Letts where students of all grades involved in Hillel's Big-Little program joined together this past weekend. This break from the chaos of the city facilitated students to connect with Judaism while engaging in a pluralistic and unique service experience. Besides the gorgeous view, the camp also included ziplining and canoeing, which made for a relaxing and collaborative weekend.  READ MORE

A Look at the Celebrity Nude Photo Scandal

By Hanya Bruner
September 16, 2014 - 3:00am

The lines of feminine expression are blurred for women when it comes to the murky new age of technology. By now most people are familiar with the recent scandal involving over 100 celebrities and the leakage of various nude photographs. The list of individuals affected includes big names such as Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton and Kirsten Dunst to name a few. While several of the victims have confirmed that the photos are real, other celebs have said the photos of them are fake. READ MORE

The Courage to Walk Away

By Gabriella Salazar
September 16, 2014 - 3:00am

Domestic violence has always been a touchy subject. When someone brings it up in conversation, eyes automatically cast down and people shift uncomfortably in their seats; it's the hot topic that's always in the news, but rarely ever talked about. In light of recent events (looking at you, Ray Rice), I've decided to finally come clean with my experience with domestic violence. I've been quiet for quite some time now, and I hope that these words are read as more than just an argument and call to action; I hope that I can provide comfort and instill hope in those who are going through what I did (or even worse.)...

Apple's Newest Products

By Allison August
September 16, 2014 - 3:00am

Leading up to the Apple press conference Tuesday afternoon, there was much speculation as to what Tim Cook would be announcing as the company’s newest products for this year. And, to no one’s surprise, the iPhone 6 will be arriving September 19th. READ MORE

Job and Internship Fair

By Allie Erenbaum
September 15, 2014 - 8:25pm

Take advantage of having 140 public, private, and non-profit employers recruiting on campus! Learn about dozens of full-time and part-time jobs and internships. Visit the AU Career Center for more information.  READ MORE

AEPHI's Yogafied

By Colleen Antonio
September 15, 2014 - 1:52pm

American University's chapter of Alpha Epsilon Phi is throwing their annual Yogafied event to raise money and awareness for the Jewish women's breast cancer foundation, Sharsheret. The sisters invited a certified yoga instructor to lead the class. From the beginner level to advanced yogi level, all students are welcome to join! Before the session, you can also eat a provided bagel breakfast before the doors open at 12 PM and there will be a raffle rpise at the event. Tickets will be $7 at the door or a discount will be given to a group of ten for $45. Yoga mats are available for rent for $2, but feel free to bring your own mat.  Get ready to relax and get Yogafied! READ MORE

Gap Unveils New Fall Collection

By Monica Patel
September 15, 2014 - 4:00am

Wednesday Sept. 10, the Gap in Chevy Chase, Maryland unveiled its new fall collection at a special event hosted by the store and Styld.by. Attendees were able to get an exclusive first look at the new collection, snack on hors d'oeuvres and sip champagne, and receive 30% off of purchases for the duration of the event. Gap, of course, stayed true to its classic-with-a-modern-twist style by bringing back some fall favorites such as tweed blazers, dark denim and plaid button-down shirts. They also introduced new style pieces like slim-fit track pants and a colorful array of classic corduroy pants. Check out some...

Nick Doty '17

By Mireille Olivo
September 15, 2014 - 4:00am

Name: Nick Doty Age: 19 Year: Sophomore Hometown: Madison, Wisconsin Major: Double major business administration and international relations Relationship status: Single Hobbies and interests: Sports, music, the outdoors, boating and going to the beach READ MORE

On Diversity in Fashion

By Elisha Brown
September 14, 2014 - 4:00am

Vogue’s iconic September issue featured nine models known for their expert use of social media. The amount of diversity on the cover is refreshing. The models ranged from Puerto Rican Joan Smalls to Chinese Fei Fei Sun. Smalls and Sun are some of the top models in fashion right now, a milestone for an industry criticized for unrealistic representations of women. In recent years, fashion has strived to be more inclusive. We’ve seen more models in different sizes and races appear in ad campaigns and on the runway. READ MORE