Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

American Archives

Can I Get Ebola From This? Your Ebola Questions Answered

By Chelsea Cirruzzo
October 25, 2014 - 4:19am

What even is Ebola? You’ve probably seen this little coiled, string-like thing on television. That’s the ebola virus. First discovered in Africa in 1976, Ebola is classified as a “rare and deadly disease” by the CDC. There are five strains of it, four them causing disease in humans. Primates can also be infected by ebola. What are the symptoms? READ MORE

When Tinder and Life Collide

By Kendall Eisenberg
October 25, 2014 - 4:00am

I’ve had the Tinder app long enough that I can’t even remember when I got it. I’m embarrassed to admit how many matches I have. I guess that comes with time. I’ve also convinced some of my close friends to join Tinder. It has been entertaining to say the least. READ MORE

KMA Presents Appetizing Advertising

By Colleen Antonio
October 24, 2014 - 5:14pm

If you are starving to learn about Food Marketing, check out Kogod Marketing Association's Appetizing Advertising. READ MORE

Feminism: On Trend

By Elisha Brown
October 24, 2014 - 4:00am

Chanel’s Spring 2015 show during Paris Fashion Week made headlines. Instead of the typical finale, the fashion house’s guard of tweed-clad models picketed the Grand Palais. A parade of women, led by Brit Cara Delevingne, carried signs that read “History is her story” and “Boys should get pregnant too.” The collection itself symbolized empowerment for women through clothing. Power suits were in deconstructed tweeds, there were hints of utilitarian greens and khakis and a lot of ties were featured. From the surface, Karl Lagerfeld advocated for feminism. READ MORE

Caitlin Barrett '17

By Claire Gallo
October 24, 2014 - 4:00am

Name: Caitlin Barrett Year: Sophomore READ MORE

Diego Aleman '18

By Brie Davis
October 24, 2014 - 4:00am

Name: Diego Aleman Age: 18 Place you call home: Austin, Texas Relationship status: Single Major: Sociology Hobbies/interests: Running, reading and hiking  Pet peeves: When someone doesn’t finish what they started Guilty pleasure: Candy. Lots of candy. Ideal date: Doing something new and adventurous READ MORE

5 Tips to Avoid a Major in Stress

By Megan Clark
October 23, 2014 - 5:00am

Do you find yourself stressing over the lack of free space on your calendar? Is your blood pressure rising as midterm season begins? We all feel the stress, but when it starts to take over it becomes time for a calming intervention. First of all, it is important to realize that it will all be okay. Those papers, midterms, projects and internship responsibilities will get done and thinking about them all at once is never a good idea. Here are some important steps to take to make sure you don't turn your real major into a serious major in stress.  1. Take control of your schedule, don't let it control you.  READ MORE

This Thursday: What Is Your #MyMidtermFix?

By Claire Shriver
October 23, 2014 - 5:00am

READ MORE

5 Reasons To Thank Shondra Rhimes

By KerriKnippenberg
October 23, 2014 - 4:00am

Shondra Rhimes is an American screenwriter, director and producer. We first feel in love with this woman when "Grey’s Anatomy" came out. She was the creator, head writer and executive producer. TIME Magazine named Rhimes one of its "100 People Who Helped Save The World". Rhimes latest shows are "Scandal" and "How to Get Away with Murder". 1. She introduced us to the addictive hospital drama "Grey’s Anatomy" Rhimes is the creator, executive producer and writer for Grey's Anatomy. 3. She brought us Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope. READ MORE

Amanda Please: Bynes and Mental Health

By Vivian Chen
October 23, 2014 - 4:00am

Amanda Bynes was an iconic childhood star who made many of us laugh from her comedies from the 1990s to early 2000s. However, you may have actually seen her face plastered all over the headlines in recent tabloids. In the past two years, Amanda Bynes has faced a slew of legal issues, shaved her head, been hospitalized, been arrested and entered rehab. So you may be wondering: what happened to her? Let's take a step back, and walk through the evolution of Amanda Bynes. READ MORE