6 Budget-Friendly Subscription Boxes for College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

It’s eight in the evening and you’ve just finished your last class. The sun set hours ago, its way too cold to go out to get dinner, and you have a ton of homework to do. Wouldn’t it be great to have a personalized care package waiting for you back home? From makeup, to snacks, and even wine, budget-friendly subscription boxes are a easy way to score awesome products each month.

1. Blue Jean Bar Express

This styling service offers up to six hand picked outfits a month for only a $1 deposit! Outfits are chosen based on your online style profile and are available for both men and women. You are only charged for items you decide to keep.

2. Walmart Beauty box

For the beauty-guru on a budget, this super affordable subscription cost only $5. The seasonal box features beauty products and coupons from the store.

3. Birchbox

As one of the original beauty subscription services, Birchbox has remained a fan favorite. For only $10 a month, Birchbox offers four to five sample-sized beauty, fragrance, and skincare products, personalized from your online profile. Every sample you receive is available for purchase.

4. Nibblr

Want to try something healthy? Nibblr snack box offers subscribers four healthy snack choices weekly or biweekly for only $5.99. Nutritional info is available on the back of each snack box, as well as an online rating system to help Nibblr sort your favorite snacks.

5. Universal Yums

If you are tired of the snacks in Eagle’s Nest and want to try something new, Universal Yums offers you snacks from all around the world! You can choose between the $10 Yum or $20 Yum Yum subscription box, and will soon be “snacking like a local.”

6. Club W

For ladies 21 and up, Club W sends you three fine wines to your doorstep for just $13 a bottle! By filling out a personalized taste profile, you will receive delicious wines for the perfect girls night in. The Club W website also features recipes and reviews to help you find the perfect bottle for yourself.

Photo credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Kari is currently a sophomore in the School of Public Affairs and a contributing writer to Her Campus American. She enjoys trolling tinder, chocolate chip pancakes, and Keeping Up with Kardashians.