5 Ways to Walk the College Fashion Week Runway in DC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

College Fashion Week is in Boston this year, but that doesn’t mean we can’t bring a little glam to our nation’s capital. DC is filled with the glitz of politics, and with our College Fashion Week Essentials Kit from Her Campus Nationals, we now have the eyeshadow to match. This is how you walk Pennsylvania Ave. like the red carpet:

1. Curl it Up

Mornings are rough, especially when you’re trying to make it to that 9 a.m. internship and the red line is not being cooperative. However, by spending a little extra time in the morning to do a simple curl that little extra effort will make you feel more prepared for the day. The Bed Head Curlipops Tourmaline Ceramic Styling Iron will give you a loose curl and that lasts, especially when paired with the Bed Head’s Travel Size Masterpiece Shine Hairspray which is small enough to carry in your purse (because you never know when that humid DC heat will make those curls droop.)  

2. Be Ready to Go In a Rush

In DC, no one’s from DC. This means that traveling is a given. To keep yourself looking fresh even when you spent three hours on a plane, bring with you Bed Head Electric Green Mini Ceramic Flat Iron. It’s light and small enough that it won’t tip the scale towards a checked bag and packed with enough heat that no one will know your travel day was a long one.

3. Bring Out Your Eyes with Ulta Eyeshadow

The glittery Ulta Beauty Glitter Eye Topcoat comes in enough colors to match any outfit. It’s also compact enough that it can be thrown into your makeup and dabbed on after a day in the office.

4. Arch Your Brows

The architecture in DC stops everyone in their tracks, even if they’ve lived here their whole lives.  Thinking of your face being the landscape to your city, your eyebrows are like the Washington Monument: vital for making an impression. Use the IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil to complete your look and look as flawless as the National Mall.

5. Be Confident in Yourself

You can have all the looks but it doesn’t matter if you don’t have the glow of confidence to make you feel like the Girlboss you are. Read up on Lisa Sugar’s book, “Power Your Happy,” from the founder of Popsugar herself to see how the journey to happiness is one you can take every day. Also remember that you’re in DC and you’re ~adulting~ on a regular basis with the Adulting Achievement Unlocked Sticker Sheet from Her Campus.

College Fashion Week might not be in your backyard, but the truth is that you can be just as fabulous walking down the sidewalk and taking selfies.

Photos: cover, 1,2,3,5 credit to Her Campus American, 4 

A senior and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at American who enjoys reading banned books and drinking overpriced coffee. 
Shannon is the former Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus American University. She is a Psychology major and is also a senior on the varsity swim team.