5 Reasons Why You Should Love the He For She Campaign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Emma Watson, a UN Women’s Ambassador, recently gave an inspiring speech at a UN event advocating gender equality that went to viral over the internet within 24 hours. In the speech, Watson brought up the hot button issue of feminism, and the ways it has been misconstrude. In addition, she launched the He For She campaign, that since then has been getting a lot of attention. Emma Watson since has been getting much praise about her speech, and may even have you yelling “Yes!” for feminsim. But have you found yourself wondering what is the He For She campaign? Here’s 5 reasons why you’ll want to use the #HeForShe hashtag on your next tweet:

1. He For She is a solidarity movement for gender equality that brings together one half of humanity in support of the other, for the entirety of humanity.

Who run the world? Men AND women.

2. This is the one of the first gender equality movements of its’ kind that is mainly directed towards men.

According to the official website, the global initiative seeks to “put men at the center of activism and dialogue to end persistent inequalities faced by women and girls around the world.”

3. In less than 48 hours of the campaigns launch, the campaign gained 80,000 signatures from male supporters around the world.

Needless to say, lets go ladies–sign sign sign! 

4. The outpoor of support from celebrities for the He For She campaign was insane. 

Major A-list celebrities like Joseph Gordon Levitt, Logan Lerman, Chris Colfer, Kate Bosworth, Sophia Bush… (the list goes on and on, so what are you waiting for!) 

5. It’s super easy to get involved!

There’s lots of easy ways to get involved and support the He For She campaign. Join the solidarity movement on their website and sign to agree to take action against all forms of women’s discrimination, also join the twitter movement and add the hashtag #HeForShe to your next tweet!

Join Emma Watson in her fight towards gender equality, because who doesn’t love Hermione?

Photo Credit: 1