3 Important Ways to Stay Motivated at the End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

We’ve all been there at one time or another; the fall semester is drawing to a close and it’s becoming increasingly hard to stay motivated. At this point, all you can imagine are those chilly nights bundled in blankets on your bed with your laptop and binge-watching shows on Netflix. While there’s nothing wrong with this picture, it can be an issue if this daydream affects how much effort you put into your studies. We have only a few weeks left until the end of the semester and you may notice some of your friends (and let’s be honest, maybe even yourself) beginning to pay less and less attention to school work. But have no fear, collegiettes! Here are the three most important ways that will help you stay motivated at the end of the semester.

Re-assess your goals

With the hustle and bustle of college life, it can be hard to remember why we’re here in the first place. Sometimes, we may question why we’re even here (sounds like an exaggeration, but it happens). Our short-term and long-term goals can become cloudy and we could lose ambition. When this happens, recognize it and try to remind yourself why you’re doing what you’re doing. This can make you feel grounded again and help you move forward.

Make yourself proud

Making your parents and friends proud is one thing, but making yourself proud is a whole different story. Self-satisfaction can be hard to come by these days, especially with the constant pressure to be perfect and succeed on the first try in everything we do. No matter the outcome of any situation, it’s important to remember not to perpetuate a negative mindset. Be the person you want to be, not the person other people expect you to be. Nothing beats the feeling of accomplishing a task you invested countless hours into.

Look towards the future

Yes, the future can be daunting and utterly terrifying, but it’s truly only what you make it out to be. The only way to live the future you want to live is by making the right decisions in the present. Opportunities exist for a reason, and not taking advantage of them won’t help you move forward. You don’t want to look back on your choices and wish you could have done things differently

Photo credit:

http://www.andbethere.com/2013…