10 Things to Do Other Than Study for Exams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

When it’s time to take a break, you know. 

1. Do your nails.

2. Regret all prior life choices.

3. After regretting all prior life choices, reevaluate everything that you’re currently doing in your life. Also, consider how Blair Waldorf would handle midterms.

4. Online shop, because you just have to have to have that new top from Forever 21, you know the one that you have three other versions of at home.

5. Get an early start on your Christmas shopping list (it’s never too early to get a head start).

6. Decide to pick up a new show to binge-watch on Netflix.

7. Have a two hour long conversation with your mom about how much it sucks to have midterms right now, and complain about how much work you have and how little you time you have to do it.

8. Download some new music and commit to intensely listening to it without any interruption.

9. Clean your room because suddenly everything looks messy and you just need it fix it immediately and reorganize all your stuff.

10. After cleaning your room, realize that your closet is a black hole and start to clean that out because the weather is changing and you need to take inventory of how many boot options you have for the fall.

Photo Credit: 1, 23, 4

Excited, free and happy are three words Arielle would use to describe herself. Currently a senior at American University, Arielle is studying print journalism and art history. A lover of traveling, exploring and getting flat out lost, Arielle one day hopes to become a professional travel writer. When she's not writing for Her Campus, you can find her sipping on a cup of coffee, wandering through a musuem or reminiscing about London. She believes that life is always better while on a rooftop. Keep up with Arielle and her adventures on Instagram or Twitter (@okarielle), or take a look at her blog, okarielle.com. Stay happy and stay exploring.