Want To Travel? Do It!!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albizu chapter.

Want To Travel? Do It!

The secret is to plan carefully and purchase the ticket well in advance. The cost is more than made up for by the amazing experience of seeing many places in a short period and the memories you’ll have for a lifetime. Here are some reasons why traveling is good for you.

1. Make your dream come true, start planning.

Traveling around the world shouldn’t be hard: it’s something everyone should be able to do at least once in their lives. Whether you choose to spend a few years or just a couple of months traveling this beautiful planet, it’s important to see what’s out there. It’s up to you to make the dream come true and take the first step.

2. Travel opens your eyes.

If you’re open and willing, travel will make you an incredibly more well-rounded human being. And that’s really the goal, isn’t it? You’ll meet new places, make new friends, eat different things, it would be an experience that will mark you for life.

3. Traveling helps you learn who you are.

All the challenges and opportunities travel lays at your feet help you discover who you are in a way that’s only possible on the road.

4. Travel creates meaningful relationships

People you meet while on the road become some of the most valued names on your contact list. They become places on the map to visit later. They will give you a glimpse outside your hometown circle of friends, and force you to take in new and refreshing perspectives on how others live, share, and ultimately realize that everyone isn’t the same.

5. Traveling develops your skills

Sometimes it’s only far from home that you realize you you’ve got skills you’ve never used. It’s travel that brings them to the surface and makes you smile, satisfied to have reached the mountain top, or crossed a river or even helped a villager clean up after a storm.

6. Travel helps you learn new languages

There’s something satisfying about being able to learn other languages, knowing how to say thanks in Thai, Spanish, French, German, or hearing a language you didn’t know existed.

7. Travel means adventure

Zip-lining over the jungle canopy in Peru, successfully navigating the maze-like streets of Venice, bartering for the best price in the traditional markets of Marrakech: these are adventures worth having.

8. Traveling gives you perspective

Meeting people from other cultures will teach you that the way you’ve been looking at the world isn’t the way everybody else does. In fact, your point-of-view might have some major blind spots. Seeing the world for yourself will improve your vision and your grip on reality.

9. Travel is education

Seeing the world provides an education that’s absolutely impossible get in school. Travel teaches you economy, politics, history, geography, and sociology.  Fortunately, the school of travel is always taking applications, no entrance exam required.

Why travel? Because you can. Because you want to. Because it beats the alternative (staying home). Why not pick up your tickets and get the ball rolling!

Undergraduate Psychology Student in Carlos Albizu in San Juan Creative, Friendly, Reliable. Love to read, write, draw and paint. You can find her exploring, studying and eating in at Old San Juan or traveling around Puerto Rico. Her plans are to graduate from psychology and find a job.