Getting Back on Track: How to Stay Positive This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albizu chapter.

With the New Year comes a new set of expectations, crisis and goals. I think I speak for all of us when I say we’re ready for a fresh start. Don’t you?

Many of us are still recuperating from last year’s horrific hurricane season, which left the island brutally devastated. Our lives were forever changed, and our studies were no exception.

This semester may be a little bit difficult at the beginning. We need to adapt our routine yet again to be in class at least four days a week between 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Last semester classes were cut in half because of the storms and everyone was out by 7:30 p.m.

Some quick and easy tips to succeed in the semester:

1. Carry an agenda: This will help you stay organized and ensure you don’t miss any deadlines for your classes.

2. Do not leave everything for last minute: this prevents the accumulation of work from other classes.

3. Never stop dreaming: being focused helps us to have a clear goal.

4. Sleep is necessary: the brain needs time to processed all the data from the day.

5. Stay positive, everything is going to be ok: Do not let the panic attack you.

6. Don’t forget the coffee: for those who drink it, you know why this is necessary.

Even so, I know that is going to be a great semester. The spring is coming many of you finish your masters! 

Mariely is a Puerto Rican writer who is passionate about personal and professional development. She is currently attending Carlos Albizu University in San Juan PR to get a PhD on Industrial and Organizational Psychology. She loves to read, write, take trainings and everything that helps her grow as a human being and professional.