Tomi Lahren fired from The Blaze

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Tomi Lahren has reportedly been fired from her position on the network The Blaze. This comes after her suspension for expressing her pro-choice beliefs on the conservative TV news station. 

Last week, reports showed that Lahren’s show was suspended for one week after relating the abortion debate to the gun debate, saying that she did not want the government involved in either one of those decisions. She received backlash from the conservative community and was ultimately suspended. 

Tomi Lahren appeared on The View where she called pro-life conservatives hypocrites. “I can’t sit here and be a hypocrite and say I’m for limited government but I think the government should decide what women do with their bodies”, she said. 

Her controversial self-titled show, Tomi, became popular for one of her segments called final thoughts. During her segment, she would give her opinions on things going on in the media. She tackled issues of the Black Lives Matter movement, Beyoncé’s Formation video, and Colin Kaepernick’s peaceful protests. She even compared the Black Panthers to the KKK and called refugees “rape-ugees”. After all the brainless things she has said, do you expect me to feel bad for her? 

Inside sources at The Blaze said Lahren’s permanent ban was the decision of Glenn Beck who founded The Blaze. This source said that Beck is “reminding the world of his conservative principles by sidelining Tomi after she insulted conservatives by calling them hypocrites.” 

Although Lahren has been fired, she is only 24 years old which will sadly allow her to be scooped up by any other conservative looking for the opinions of young conservatives.