This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Meet Lizzy, a sophomore here at the University from Brooklyn, New York

So- what is your major, year, and expected graduation date?

I’m a double major in Political Science and Criminal Justice with a minor in Africana studies, and I’ll be graduating in May of 2018.

What are you involved in?

I’m apart of the liturgical dance team for AVP (Angelic Voices of Praise),  I serve as the Political Action Chair for NCBW (National Congress of Black Women), and I’m also part of the Education Committee for ASUBA (Albany State University Black Alliance).

Being involved in three different organizations, do you ever find yourself stressed, or pressed for time with all of these responsibilities?  If so, how do you manage?

Yes, I’d say that I do.  I’m able to stay grounded by planning my days out, and staying organized.  You just always have to remind yourself what the end goal is, and I’m very future oriented.  Praying is key as well, it definitely helps me to stay motivated.

Your hobbies include..

I write poetry whenever I get the chance to.  I also enjoy just listening to music, eating, sleeping, and definitely trying new things.  

Some of your highlights being a UAlbany student?

I love the different events during the school year.  You’re able to forget about your school work for a couple of hours, and just have a great time with your friends.

When it’s warm out, I get to podiate- that’s a lot of fun.

What are you thinking plan to do once you graduate?

Right now I’m strongly considering going to law school.  I definitely know that in the long run, I just want to be at a place where I’m able to bring equality and justice to all in my field of work, especially to the underprivileged.  I just want to be able to improve communities, and to help educate others.

An eventual goal of mine is to start my own non-profit organization.

Advice to underclassmen?

Stay grounded in who you are, know your worth, and know who you are.    

Fast Facts

Instagram or Snapchat? Why? : Snapchat- it’s the real me, I’m able to be myself

Favorite spot on campus: the science library, or Draper Hall- it’s fancy

Can’t leave the dorm without: my cocoa butter chapstick, or water.  Those are my keys to success

Staple piece of your wardrobe: I’m always wearing sneakers- so I’d say that

Chineze, is the former President of Her Campus Albany (2016-2018). Keep up with with her on Instagram: @browneyedblues, and subscribe to her YouTube channel! youtube.com/c?browneyedblues
Tabia is a senior at SUNY University at Albany. She is studying Journalism with a minor in History and Africana Studies. She would love a career in Journalism as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter. She wants to go to graduate school in her native New York City or Boston, Massachusetts. In her spare time she likes to dance, sing, watch new shows on Hulu and read Her Campus articles. She is currently the Podium Perspective Director and a Staff Writer for the Albany Student Press and a founding member of Kappa Alpha Pi. Go Danes!