GPA Awareness Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

The end of October signifies the beginning of the holiday season, and with that comes GPA Awareness Month, a.k.a November.  

Sure, November is great because many of us are looking forward to going home for the first time this semester for Thanksgiving.  We get to forget about school for a little bit, and enjoy the company of our families, friends from home, and consistent home cooked meals.  The downside?   While we’re still away at school, it’s our last chance to raise our grades before finals come around.

The realization that many of our grades are in jeopardy is enough to signal a change in behavior.  Students are now beginning to pick up their slack (even though they said this was ‘4.0 season’ in August).

So how do you take advantage of this awareness month?  Follow these simple steps, and you’re all set for a great end to the fall semester.  

1. Make a list.

You may think that you’ve memorized your syllabus from start to finish, but you should make a list of final assignments and their due dates for each class on a calendar.  Color code each class, so that way you’re 100% sure when everything is due.

2. Take things one step at a time.

Procrastination is not the answer.  By this point in the semester, after pulling multiple all nighters, I’m sure we’ve all realized that is not the way to go.  Breaking things up by day by day or hour per hour is much more efficient in the long run.

3. Don’t hesitate in asking for help.

Realize that you’re not alone.  Professors have office hours for a reason.  They want to see you succeed!   

4. Skip the coffee and drink some tea.

Studies show that green tea and white tea work to improve not only your short term memory, but also to improve your concentration, alertness, and mood.

5. Relax

You’ve made it this far in the semester.  Give yourself a pat on the back, and remind yourself that you can do this.

Good luck, and may the curve be in your favor!

Chineze, is the former President of Her Campus Albany (2016-2018). Keep up with with her on Instagram: @browneyedblues, and subscribe to her YouTube channel! youtube.com/c?browneyedblues