Chineze Mbamali

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Name: Chineze Mbamali

Hometown: Bronx by birth, Orange County by residence

Major: I’m a double major in Political Science and Africana Studies with a minor in Journalism

Year: Sophomore, Class of 2018

Relationship status: Well, 4.0 is bae

Hobbies: online shopping, daydreaming of warm weather, long runs

Dream job: I’m torn between law and journalism right now, but a career in both where I’m secure and happy is ideal.

Claim to fame: I was on the ‘Summer Sessions’ pamphlet last semester.  It was weird seeing my face as an advertisement.

Fun fact: I have a dorm tour video up on YouTube of both my room from last year and this year.  

Favorite food: chicken anything.  I love chicken.  Like, if there’s one food I won’t get tired of, it’s chicken.

Favorite movie: The Notebook

Most embarrassing moment: There’s so many to choose from, but most recently I’d have to say taking the wrong 12 bus to go to Wal-Mart.  It was like freshman year all over again.

Describe yourself in three words: nonchalant, ambitious, and selfless

Favorite thing about UAlbany: The third floor of the library.  I’m literally there most nights out of the week, and with it being one of the few ‘quiet,’ study areas, I’m able to get in my zone and get my work done efficiently.

Follow her on Instagram: @browneyedblues

Tabia is a senior at SUNY University at Albany. She is studying Journalism with a minor in History and Africana Studies. She would love a career in Journalism as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter. She wants to go to graduate school in her native New York City or Boston, Massachusetts. In her spare time she likes to dance, sing, watch new shows on Hulu and read Her Campus articles. She is currently the Podium Perspective Director and a Staff Writer for the Albany Student Press and a founding member of Kappa Alpha Pi. Go Danes!