Your Guide to Ending the Semester like a Champion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

The mid-semester slump is real. The weeks after spring break are especially intimidating, as you are now in the homestretch of your entire academic year. These next few weeks will make or break you. They will test your resolve, as you might be trying to reach your goal GPA or tying up loose ends of your upcoming internship.

Although the semester is almost over, there are still plenty of ways you can end your semester on top! Here is your guide to help you conquer the upcoming weeks:

Studying:

You knew you were going to have to study, right? Finals are coming up and this is your last chance to boost your GPA in any way possible.

Find a place and pick a time during the week to review material for all of your classes. Reviewing information at a set pace will help you remember much more during finals.

Partying:

Darty season is in full swing at Alabama and it might be hard to resist the temptation of going on a sunny day the weekend before a big test. While it’s possible to party and still make good grades, it’s important to know if you can actually do this personally.

If you can’t stop yourself from going to that date party, make sure you allot time throughout the weekend to study. For example, don’t go out on Saturday night if you know you’ll be dartying all day

Managing Your Priorities:

Keep track of what you have going on and be on top of things. Plan your week on Monday and stick to your schedule, but also make sure you’re doing fun things in order to implement balance.

One way you can do this is spending study breaks with friends. Don’t eat ramen in your dorm while gluing yourself to your phone. Text a friend and give yourself well-deserved social interactions, even if you have a lot to study!

The important thing to remember is that it is up to you to make the most of the upcoming weeks. As long as you manage your time well and put in effort, you should be able to end the semester like a true champion.

I am currently a freshman at the University of Alabama studying Public Relations and English. I'm minoring in Italian and global studies. I know. I love pretty much everything, but I especially love the Kardashians, french fries, and traveling. I dream about living in Florence one day and eating all the gelato I want, forever. Taylor Swift's publicist is my inspiration. Tree Paine. Look her up.
Alabama Contributor