Why Netflix Is The Best Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

This past weekend, it was confirmed that Gilmore Girls is making a comeback but on Netflix. Lauren Graham who plays Lorelai Gilmore tweeted “I CAN NOW CONFIRM: it’s time for me, and this jacket I stole in 2007, to return to work. @netflix #GilmoreGirls“. This is only another of the great classics such as “Fuller House” (sequel to Full House) being revived by Netflix aka BAE. The online streaming service is bringing us more bingeworthy but also original series to watch. Netflix seems to be at the top of their game and definitely a true competitor with the cable networks. With 14 Emmy wins and 2 Golden Globes on their hands, why not?  Here are five shows by Netflix we should be thankful for and you should definitely check out:  

1. Orange is The New Black 

2. Making A Murderer

3. House of Cards

4.  Fuller House (though we are still waiting for it’s release, we have to give it approval already because Uncle Jesse, am I right?)

5. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Alisha is a senior at The University of Alabama majoring in Communicative Disorders and minoring in Psychology. She is the current Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Alabama. Alisha loves binge watching TV shows on Netflix, baking, writing, watching/raving about Alabama Football, and spending time with her sorority sisters. She hopes to make a difference in the world or at least in many people's lives as a hopeful Speech-Language Pathologist. Follow Alisha on Twitter (@missalisha14) and Instagram (alishaa_j). Roll Tide!