Why Diamond Dixie truly Shines

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

If you don’t know who Diamond Dixie is you’re about to discover why Diamond Dixie is your new music obsession. This uprising female country pop duo consists of sisters Bianca and Gabriela De Luc. Their music has a fresh and upbeat sound. Their band name fits perfectly because their songs definitely shine like a diamond. The duo’s newest inspiring single Diamonds in this Town is all about pursuing your dreams and not giving up. These rising stars became an Internet sensation with over 44,000 subscribers on YouTube and over 56,000 followers on Instagram. These shining diamonds also have a massive following on their official Facebook page, 149,404 likes to be exact.

The Florida natives had primarily played shows in the sunshine state until making their way to playing shows in the capitol of country music, Nashville. Diamond Dixie showcased their talent at this year’s CMA Fest in Nashville. Also, this dynamic duo is performing at the VIP lounge at the Florida Georgia Line concert in West Palm Beach, FL this fall. Their newer single Reckless is a sweet love song about how love can make you careless and reckless in a good way. They performed their catchy love song Reckless when they opened up for Darius Rucker at NAVC last March. These gems EP Live and Let Go is an encouraging track about letting go of disappointments, bad times, heartaches, and moving forward in a positive direction. It’s always refreshing to see new country female artists making headlines and these ladies are definitely in the ranks with their fun, vibrant, and uplifting vibe. So, checkout Diamond Dixie and discover why their music truly sparkles.

Haleigh Kemmerly is a Senior at the University Of Alabama. She is a Telecommunication and Film major with a Creative Writing minor. She is a staff writer for Her Campus Bama. Haleigh has a passion for writing, nature, travel, and film. She describes herself as a huge animal lover and adventurer. She competed in rodeos and horse competitions and won a few state tiles while living in Kentucky. She grew up in a military family and calls herself a proud Army brat. She had the rare and unique wonderful experience living in Seoul, Korea for two years as a child. She's thankful she got the opportunity to move to different parts of the United States and was exposed to several different cultures and people. She has the heart of a gypsy and a wandering spirit.
Alabama Contributor