This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

The time has come for Netflix to do some spring cleaning. Many titles are leaving and some new ones will be added to the instant streaming library. Looking at the list of what movies and shows are coming and going, these three stood out.

Leaving: Freaky Friday (2003)

This movie was one of my favorites when I was younger. It follows the story of Anna and her mom Tess who switch bodies after opening some charmed fortune cookies. I cannot imagine the shenanigans that would ensue if my mom and I switched bodies!  Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis’s characters give me an idea of how crazy that would be.

Leaving: Pretty in Pink (1986)

This is one of my favorite John Hughes films and one of my favorite . Andie, played by Molly Ringwald, navigates through the struggles of high school while Blaine, a cute popular boy, and Duckie, her best friend played by Matthew Broderick, compete for her affection. The layered storyline is fantastic, not to mention the classic 80s fashion!

Arriving: Finding Neverland (2004)

Johnny Depp plays J.M. Barrie in this film that retells how he came up with Peter Pan. Kate Winslet is absolutely elegant and her children, including young Freddie Highmore, are absolutely adorable. I can tell how Barrie was inspired to create such a wondrous tale that inspires the child in all of us who does not want to grow up.

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.
Alabama Contributor