Trine Lindberg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Name: Trine Bakke Lindberg (@trinebl)

Hometown: Oslo, Norway

Major: Telecommunication & Film with a minor in Communication Studies

Relationship status: In a very long distance relationship

Favorite movie: The Notebook

Favorite TV show: “Friends. I may or may not have seen the entire show sixteen times… And counting.”

Favorite place to eat in Tuscaloosa: Texas Roadhouse

What is your favorite part about your major? “My passion is editing, and I love the feeling when I get a smooth, almost invisible cut. It’s strangely satisfying.”

What do you love most about being in Gamma Phi? “I’ve met my best friends and soul mates in Gamma Phi, and for that I’m truly grateful. These people are the reason it’ll be heartbreaking to move back to Norway in May.”

What has your experience as an international student been like? “I wanted the so-called ‘American college experience’ with Greek life and football like you see in movies, and I can’t think of a better place to be than The University of Alabama. My college experience has been better than I could’ve ever imagined. Moving across the world was terrifying at first because I didn’t know anyone, but I’m beyond happy that I did it. I’ve had the time of my life here at UA.”

What has been the best class you have taken at UA so far? “My first semester at UA I took Interpersonal Communication (COM220), and was introduced to my favorite teacher. He made class interesting and fun, I left class smiling every time. Also, as an aspiring editor, I have to point out the editing classes that made me sure of what I wanna do when ‘I grow up;’ Intro to Post Production (TCF361) and Advanced Post Production (TCF461).”

If your life were an ice cream flavor what would it be? “Strawberry Sundae – Very girly and pink with a hint of fudge swirl.”

What is the best concert you have ever gone to? “Miley Cyrus Bangerz Tour because I met (and kissed) her. #GoogleIt”

Describe yourself in three words. “Goal-oriented, girly, loud.”

What do you think is your best quality? “I’ve been told I’m a good friend and listener. I’m the person my friends come to with their problems. It’s so easy to be kind, not to mention important!”

Where do you see yourself in five years? “In five years, I’ll be 28 years old. I’ll probably be married to the love of my life, and thinking about getting a second child. Hopefully I’m enjoying life as a TV/Film editor in Oslo, Norway.”

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.