Stay Aware About Sexual Assault with WRC at UA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

The Women and Gender Resource center at UA is holding several events for students this month to spread awareness for sexual assualt as April is National Sexaul Assault Awareness month. With sexual assault being a top issue in the country on our college campuses, it is highly important for college students of both genders to be informed and take a stand. The Huffington Post has shared that an average of 21 percent of female undergraduate students  had experienced sexual assault since entering college, and 34 percent had experienced it in their lifetime. That number is both 21 and 34 percent too high. We encourage everyone to attend these events held by the WGRC and stay informed about sexual assault and how you can take a stand. 

For more information on these events, please contact the Women and Gender Resource Center at 205-348-5040 or visit their website at wgrc.ua.edu

We at Her Campus Alabama are standing up and speaking out against sexual assault. Are you?

Huffington Post Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/college-sexual-assault-study_us_569e…

Alisha is a senior at The University of Alabama majoring in Communicative Disorders and minoring in Psychology. She is the current Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Alabama. Alisha loves binge watching TV shows on Netflix, baking, writing, watching/raving about Alabama Football, and spending time with her sorority sisters. She hopes to make a difference in the world or at least in many people's lives as a hopeful Speech-Language Pathologist. Follow Alisha on Twitter (@missalisha14) and Instagram (alishaa_j). Roll Tide!